Chapter 11: Reunion

It's been one week since Bolas first showed himself, meaning that it was saturday once again. There hasn't been any death matches since Tom defeated Austin, but there was definitely much more aggression. Amy has been staying at Nate's house and neither went to school that entire week. 

Tom, Eddy, and Silvia were on their way to the game shop for the weekly tournament. When they arrived, they ran into Trey and Regan.  

"Hey, it's you guys!" Trey said excitedly. 

"Nice to see you again." Regan followed.  

"Oh, hey you two." Silvia said to the children. 

"How've you been?" Eddy asked. 

"We've been good." Regan replied.

"We've really enjoyed having the cards come to life." Trey told them. 

"Well, it's good to hear that someone is having a good time." Tom said, sarcastically.

"So where's Nate and Amy?" Trey asked. 

"Well, Nate hasn't been feeling to well and Amy hasn't left his side." Silvia told them. 

"That's too bad," Regan said. "we both wanted to play against him." 

"Don't worry," called a voice, "You'll get to." 

the groop turned to see where the voice had come from and found Nate and Amy walking towards them. 

"Well look who's back from the dead!" Eddy called out, glad to see that Nate looked like himself again. 

"So what have you two love birds been up to this past week?" Tom asked.

"Nothing much," Amy said, "watching movies and playing matches mostly."

"Sounds fun," Silvia said sounding excited, but in truth, she was extremely jealous that Amy got to do that with Nate instead of her. 

"It was," Nate said, "but now it's time to get back into things." 

"And that starts with a tournament?"  Eddy asked sarcastically.

"It's just to make sure that I'm ready to fight again." Nate responded. 

"Well then, let's get in there." Tom said. 

"Not so fast!" called a familiar stereotyped voice. 

Tom immediately recognized the voice and facepalmed. "Colton." he sighed.

"So you remember me?" Colton said.

"Kind of hard to forget about a grown ass man that tells his mommy that he lost." Eddy said.

"Well this time will be different!" Colton started, "because this time I have help from master Bolas!" Colton raised his left arm to reveal a gauntlet and deck. Everyone gasped but the five teenagers quickly raised their own  gauntlets in response. "uh-uh," Colton said wagging his finger. "I'm here to challenge the boy." Colton pointed at Trey and stared at him with daggers in his eyes.

"Like hell we're letting that happen!" Amy yelled

"You'll have to settle for one of us." Eddy said stepping forward. 

"I'll play him." Trey said determandly.

"Trey, I don't think you understand what he means." Silvia said. 

"The loser of this match will die." Tom told him.

"I know." Trey said grimly.

"Our dad joined the Bolas army and caused our mom to divorce him." Regan added, deadly serious. "we hate Bolas and everyone that supports him."