Chapter 6: Answers

It's only been half an hour since Bolas escaped, police officers were called and the situation was explained. It was easier for them to believe what had happened thanks to everything on the news and the two captured zombie eternals. They also took away Mr. Decker's body so it could be prepped for a funeral. Everyone had gathered back into Mr. Decker's classroom and were still in complete shock.

"I can't believe he got away," Nate ranted, "I should've been faster. I should have been the one to challenge him, I should've-"

"Nate!" Amy said comfortingly putting her hand on his shoulder, "it's not your fault."

"She's right boy" Jace called, "now if you don't mind I have some questions for you."

"Yeah, ok," Nate said still completely disoriented.

"First of all, who are you?"

"M-my name is Nate,"

"Alright Nate, my name is Jace. Now, what do you know about this situation?"

For the next half an hour, Nate and his friends brought Jace and the other planeswalkers up to speed, explaining how their adventures were a card game in this world and that, somehow, Nicol Bolas had made it come to life.

"I see," Jace pondered, "this is definitely an ... interesting predicament, however, Bolas giving everyone powers to fuel his army may just be his downfall."

"How so?" asked Eddy.

"If anyone can use these powers, then we can make our own army and defeat him." Ajani stated.

"And with the help of the Gatewatch, we might actually stand a chance," Tom said excitedly.

"Precisely," Jace continued, "but for that to happen, we will need to learn how to play your game."

"Why do you say that?" Nate asked.

"I haven't been able to cast a spell since I got here, and something tells me that's because I haven't been using your cards."

"I guess that makes sense," Nate said, "I could teach you how to play."

"I don't know if that's a good idea," Sylvia protested.

"Why not?" Eddy asked.

"Oh, I see what you mean," Amy said.

"What?" Tom asked.

"The damage has become real," Amy continued.

"Oh, right," Nate sighed, "I guess I can't teach you by playing you."

"Hold on," Tayo called. He was holding one of the gauntlets that the eternals had dropped and examining it closely, "there is some very intense magic coming from these things, some one give me a card!" one of Nate's class mates handed Tayo their deck and waited as he examined it just as close as the gauntlet. "Just as I thought, the cards have the same kind of magic in them, but it's a weaker version. I'm pretty sure that the damage only becomes real if you use the gloves."

"It's worth a shot," Nate said, "do you have any cards?"

"We just got here, how could we?" Nissa asked sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, uh... here you can use some of mine," Nate said reaching into his bag.

"That's very kind of you to offer Nate," Teyo started, "but I doubt you have enough extra cards to give each of us our own de-"

Teyo was cut short when he saw Nate pull out three tool kit boxes and five fat pack boxes.

"I have probably 50 decks already made and I hardly use some of them," Nate told the planeswalkers, "I'm sure I have something that'll fit each of your styles."