Chapter Twenty Seven

April's Pov

The plan had been made, now all that was left to do was to put it into action.
With shaking hands I pressed on Emily's phone number, sighing as I lifted the phone to my ear.

"I want my brother back." I say in a strong voice, seeming as if I was completely on her side.

"Meet me at your house in 20 minutes. If you provide me with what I want he will return." Emily replied, I nodded with a sad sigh that wasn't completely fake. I didn't need to say anything instead I hung up the phone.

"I have twenty minutes." I told the rest of the people in the room.

"Tell her everything." Lola instructed. I nodded and left, making my way to my house.

As told Emily arrived 20 minutes later, Austin no where in sight making me panic. What if she knows? I shake my head, she couldn't possibly know.

"Hello April." Emily greeted with a wicked smile.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, getting straight down to business.

"Oh that's how you want to play this? I see." Emily spoke, her smile slightly falling from her face. "I was hoping we could be friends."
She shock her head as if dismissing the idea. "Who are her new friends?"

"They aren't close, they would drop her in an instant." I lied confidently, a smile invaded Emily's face once again.

"Good that makes it easier." Emily stated confidently.

"How is she making her money?" Emily quizzed.

"Street fighting." it was the easiest question to answer. Emily nodded to herself.

"I want her to trust me." Emily thought out loud. "How do I do that?"
Slightly shocked I hesitated before answering.

"Tell her something personal about yourself." I state, knowing that would work if Lola didn't already know the truth.

"Got it. Bring him in." Emily called to an unknown person.
Following the command a man walked in, clearly resembling both Emily and Lola. This must be her dreaded father. Austin also walked in, looking beaten and bruised.

"This is my father, we will all be working very close together over the next few months." Emily's cruel voice spoke, I nod and take my brother over to the couch. He sat and immediately fell asleep.

"Yes Emily." I spoke like an obidient soldier.

"Please call me Emma." She smiled, I sighed and nodded.

"I hope one day we will be good friends." She spoke wistfully.

Lola's Pov

We all sat anxiously waiting for April's call, it finally came after three long hours of waiting.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"It worked." April spoke, her voice shaky and uneven. "Austin... He's in bad shape."

"I'll send someone over right away." Ace spoke, urgency in his voice and he started texting on his phone.

"She brought it." April sighed.

"Good." Ethan spoke, he shoot me a look that says we need to talk and I give him one that says later and he nods. The call ends shortly after and we all sit in an uncomfortable silence.

"Lola," Ace speaks, breaking the dreaded silence. "can we talk?"

"Absolutely not." Ethan exclaims.

"Ignore them, of course." I shot daggers at the boys surrounding me and they sigh.

"Don't go far." Ethan growls, I nod and follow Ace out the room.

Once we were out of ear shot from the others he stops abruptly and I too stop. I notice Ace's expression is more nervous then I'm used to, it worries me.

"I'm sorry." are the first words that topple from his mouth. My mouth opens and close not knowing how to respond. "I couldn't risk losing you, I just met you and Danni just got his baby sister back. Plus when she'd threaten the gang... I'm sorry I still shouldn't have lied." Ace rambles, as much as I try to hold it back a laugh rumbles though the almost silent hall.

"You think I'm mad at you for lying? At least you didn't mean anything you said." I spoke after sobering up from my laughing fit.

"I still feel guilty, we were starting to get close... I know I was the only person you were talking to. I ruined it. I ruined us." Ace spoke and suddenly all humor was removed from the conversation.

"There would've never been an us." I lie, feeling my heart crack as I speak. "You're my brothers best friend and I don't do 'us' with anybody."

"But..." Ace starts, I cut him off with a sigh.

"I have to go, I'm sure Emily will be here soon." I speak, rushing away from Ace before he sees through my lie.

As I walk into the living room everyone's eyes snap to me. I give Ethan and his friends a look that said 'we need to go' to which they reply with a nod and quickly stand, saying a quick goodbye to Daniel before we all leave.

*********

"Lola..." Ethan questions cautiously. "I don't think the plans going to work."

"Me neither." I say, everyone looks at me with shock. "But I know what to do..."

"What do we do?" Ethan asks, I sigh and tell him my new adjustments to the plan.