Chapter Eleven: The Letters

Whenever it gets gray, you know I'll be there
And every day I pray, that I'll be right here
There's nothing more to say, except, I'll be there, next to you
I'll be alright - Christopher Bensinger

Lola's Pov

I sit on the edge of my bed, I leave my door unlocked and just wait for him to come. I didn't sleep last night. I knew what was going to happen. I knew what I was getting into. I take a deep breathe.

I hear the door slam open and footsteps creep up the hall. The next door to open and I see him for the first time in six months. He hasn't changed much, except now he has a bit of stubble on his face and his eyes have a tired look.

"Hello Koala." he speaks in a cold, dark voice.

"Hello Andrew." I sigh, I stand up and follow him out the room.

James' Pov
20 hours after Lola left his office

The day had been fairly slow. I kept waiting for a message from Lola but none appeared which greatly disappointed me. I sigh and sit in my chair, as I shrug off my jacket some paper falls out of my jacket. I expect it to be some sort of paperwork that I need to pick up so I groan and pick it up.
To my suprise, written in Lola's pretty swirly handwriting is the word 'James' my heart beat picks up and I open the note.

Dear James,
Don't look for me.
We've known each other for a year, the best year of my life. I want you to know that I will remember every second of our time together. You are the brother I always wanted Daniel to be. You are better then I could've ever imagined. You provided me with safety and a home.
Now James I know I'm gone but if Samantha comes back you CANNOT take her back. I swear I'll come back from the dead - or wherever I end up - just to talk some sense into you.
You won't see me again. I'm sure by now I'm gone, there's no way for you to get me back. I won't escape this time, my time has come.
I swore to myself that I would protect you, Ace, Daniel and the others. You have all become my family, friends.
Don't do anything stupid and tell Cathy I'm okay. Tell anyone that asks that I moved James.
James, please name your first child Cameron. Just for me... I always wanted a child. I wanted a son. I wanted someone strong and I would've never let them feel weak or attacked.
James protect everyone you are about and never let anyone hurt you. I love you so much. Remember me please.
Goodbye James.
Love Lola.

My heart broke reading the letter. I slam the letter down and rush out of my office, I run to my car and speed down the highway to where Lola moved. I see the 'for rent' sign that made my heart drop. She's gone...

Daniel's Pov
25 hours and 30 minutes after Lola have Lex the letters

Ace and I are sat in his office discussing a rival gang that want our territory. When Lex walks in without knocking, this obviously angers Ace.

"What is it Lex?" Ace growls out. Lex looks nervous and guilty.

"I have a letter, for both of you." Lex says, handing us letters that have our names written in Lola's handwriting. My curiosity peaks. None of us have seen Lola since she ran out of lunch yesterday. "She said don't look for her." Lex finished before walking out of the room.
I slowly open the letter, my heart rapidly beating in my chest.

Dear Big Bear,
Don't look for me. Please don't blame yourself. I had to leave to protect all of you. Maybe one day it will all make sense.
I'm sorry I was so hard on you Big bear, I never meant to hurt you. I expected us to have more time together. I didn't expect for this to happen, not so soon anyway.
After you left our family was broken, I was broken. None of that was your fault. None of what's about to happen is your fault.
I won't come back. You can't find me. Even if you try. Please don't try, it's dangerous. I should come with a warning sign Daniel.
Big bear, your my big brother, the only true family I have left. I love you. But I can't forgive you, I can't forgive you because there is nothing to forgive.
Please stay safe. I remember you used to want to be the big brave soldier, I know being apart of a gang isn't the same but to me your my big brave soldier. Whatever your dreams are now, follow them. Live your life to the fullest. Please for me.
I love you Big Bear, remember me please.
Goodbye Danny Dog.
Love Lola

My heart cracks as I read my sisters words and my hands shake as the letter glides to the floor. Did I just lose my sister? Again?

Ace's Pov
25 hours and 30 minutes after Lola gave Lex the letters

Daniel and I are sitting in my office discussing plains for the incoming war with a rival gang. The door opens and in walks Lex making my blood boil, everyone knows they should knock before opening my door.

"What is it Lex?" I growl at the boy in front of me.

"I have a letter for both of you." He speaks, handing both of us a letter with our names written in Lola's neat writing that I instantly recognise. My heart beat speeds up and I know something is wrong. "She said don't look for her." Lex finishes before walking out the room.
I carefully open the letter and my blood turns cold as I read the opening line.

Dear Ace,
Don't look for me.
Thank you for all you did for my brother. He seems happy now. Happier then he would've been with my fucked up family. Thank you for giving him a home, a purpose, a family.
I don't know you very well, I didn't allow myself to get close to you. I expected to have time to get to know you. I didn't expect for this to happen so soon. I think we could've been friends. I think we would've been able to make each other happy. Now we'll never get that chance.
Thank you for making me feel safe. That's a very hard thing to do. Part of me wanted to let you be apart of my life from the very start. I trust you.
I know you live a very busy life, I know you meet lots of people in a day. But please don't forget me. I won't forget you. My memory of our short time together will stay with me until the day I die. I might be dead when you read this, I hope I am.
Thank you Ace.
Goodbye.
Love Lola.

My blood boils. What happened to her? The door slams open and in comes an angry and worried looking James.

"We have to find her." James growls, anger clear in his furious eyes. We both look up and nod in agreement. Daniel and I abandon our plans for the upcoming war and start discussing what could've happened to Lola.