Chapter Five: New Hair

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so consumed
I was broken and brused

Lola's Pov

"She's my best friends little sister." Ace spoke making me sigh. I put my hand out to James, signalling for him to give me my money.

"Your brother is Daniel?!" James exclaims. "I know you got Jus to pull his file but I didn't know it was him." I just shrug at James' words, I guess my brother is a big deal.

"Now I'd like to know why she's here." Ace says in a demanding tone which makes me involuntaryly roll my eyes. James looks at me with a pleading look, as if begging me to keep quite. Normally I would however this is something I have to say without being ignored.

"For christ sakes James. Your safe. You've got your beat fighter in the room. And you Ace I don't care how big you are in the gang world, or any other way. I don't care what you are to my brother. I don't need you all to come in here like you give a shit. I almost died. Twice. So stop thinking I'm some damsel in destreas. Now James had me my fucking money I want a new hairstyle. " I say, my voice coming out like venom, making both the males in the room cower away.

"Sorry for making you speak Lo." James says, handing me my money with an apologetic look. I shrug it off and walk away.

I make my way to the hair salon and get red highlights out in my black hair.

Ace's Pov

I stood their shocked at Lola's out burst. I watch her leave as James says something about making her talk what seems to add to the question that sworms around my mind.

"She's your top fighter?" is the question that makes it out my mouth after what feels like hours of silence.

"Yes." James says bluntly, his mood completely different to how he had been before Lola's entrance.

"What is she to you?" I question, feeling protective over the girl that had the guts to stand up to me.

"My best friend. My sister. The only person I have left." James rambles. I just nod but still feel slightly angry that he called her his sister. Lola is Danni's sister how can he think he could just replace him?

"She's nearly died?" is the next question to fall from my lips.

"Twice." James clarified. I start to think and ponder and open my mouth to ask another question. "That's something for her to tell you."

"What if I said I'd kill you if you don't tell me." I threaten, in hopes of learning more about the girl I thought I knew everything about.

"I'd let you kill me." he answers without hesitation, taking me back a bit at his loyalty for Lola.

"Where will I find her?" I ask James.

"She's getting her hair done, which means she's also getting a new tattoo so try the tattoo parlor." James says. I nod and walk out, grabbing the rest of my group of friends and dragging them along with me.

Lola's Pov

This one please. I write to my normal tattooest who has become one of my closest friends.

"Of course Lol." Lol is the nickname Cathy, my tattooest, gave me after we started to get to know each other a bit.

"Lola!" My brothers scolding voice says from behind me.

What? I write in my notebook, showing it to him.

"So your not talking again now?" he asked, his voice harsh making me flinch away as images of my father and Peter flash through my mind.

"Lol you talked?" Cathy asked me, worry and concern lacing the voice and her eyes. I just nod weakly, god I hate feeling weak. "You need to leave." Cathy says in a strong voice.

"Watch who your talking to girl." Ace says in a demanding tone, Cathy almost backs down. Key word almost.

"No. He made Lola talk. Do you know how fucking rare that is? If she spoke willingly then he really fucked up." Cathy says. "I don't care if your a fucking gang leader.  Kill me if you want just get him the fuck out of here." Cathy says, forcing my eyes to go wide in shock.

Cathy he's my brother its okay. Don't ever say you'll die for me again. I scold, showing her the page, giving her time to read it before pulling it back and writing again. I'll come with you and explain if you leave her unharmed and let me finish my tattoo. I write and showing it to the five models in front of me.

"Your not getting a tattoo." Daniel says.
"Fine." Ace says at the same time. I smile at Ace and give him a look that says 'talk to him' before turning to Cathy telling her silently to proceed.

It takes about an hour to do my new tattoo and wrap it up.

"Let's go Koala

"Let's go Koala." Daniel grumbles and I almost smile at his old nickname. Almost.

I follow Daniel and his friends out the club waving to a few of the regulars, that of course look at me with confusion before brushing it off and waving back.

I almost walked away from the group. Almost.

"Get in." Ace says, pointing at a red car.

I'll follow you I need to take my baby. I write and show. He looks at me confused until I point to my baby.

"Okay, we're going back to ours where we'll talk." Daniel says and I just nod, dropping my bag in my car and driving away.

I drive their listening to music in the background. I almost concider going home. Almost. Soon we arrive and it's too late for me to back out.

I follow the group up the steps and into the house.

"Explain." my brother demands. I go to reach for my notebook but my brother stops me. "Words." he speaks and I shake my head. Instead of telling him anything I take my hoodie and shirt, revealing my sports bra and everyone goes to look away until they see the whip marks and scars that litter my arms, stomach and back. Although a few of my tattoos cover some of them most of them are on show.

"What happened?" the voice I recognise as Austin says, running his hands along the whip marks, gently. Almost as if his fingers were feathers.

My father. And my ex. I wrote, looking away from the staring eyes and pulling my shirt back on.