Chapter 2

Saturday, 11:30 am

Jimin and I get out of his car to the police station. I keep walking behind him until he knocks on a door.

"Come in." Comes out a voice.

He opens the door and we walk inside. There I see a man, slightly taller than me. Well built and handsome. What's he doing here? He should be a model or an actor, look at that face. He looks up from the files he was working on and makes an eye contact with Jimin, unexpectedly he rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Park Jimin. I'd lie if I say I wasn't expecting you." Then he takes a quick glance at me. "But I wasn't expecting a friend."

I take a few steps forward and offer my hand. "Jeon Jungkook."

He shakes my hand with a firm grip. "Detective Kim Seokjin. How may I help you?"

He releases my hand and looks at Jimin who replies, "We wanna talk to the eye-witness."

Seokjin chuckles. "Look, I get it that you're a passionate Journalist, but don't cross limits. You should be thankful that I even allow you around the crime scenes."

"Seokjin... This is my job. Covering the crime scenes."

"Meddling with the evidence is not. I'd like you two to leave. I already have a lot on my plate right now."

I look at his desk and tilt my head a little to read the tiny letters. Cryptography. He's trying to break some codes.

"I can help you." I speak. He frowns and I continue, "I can help you breaking those codes." I point towards his desk.

He chuckles. "Of course Sherlock, you sure can."

I roll my eyes. "Why don't you give me a chance. But if I do break it, I want you to let us investigate the eye-witness ourselves."

He tilts an eyebrow. "Alright. Be my guest."

I smile and go to his desk. I take a look at the alphabets and numbers he has written. 25 numbers, that means A is 0. "The alphabets are shifted... three places forward. So, we just have to add 3 to our starting alphabet." I take the pencil and write the letters. "Letter A is 0+3=3, that means D." I scribble all the letters down, but stuck at the last one.

"You DO have talent, Jungkook. You got as far as I did. But this is the hardest part. Even I can't break it. In the end, there's no letter no. 26." Seokjin sighs.

"Right. Then we just have to go back to 0. In maths, we call it MOD 26. Instead to writing 26,we go back to 0."

"Uh... R.. Right... But... It can't be that easy..."

Before Seokjin finishes his sentence, I break down the code and slide the sheet of paper in his direction. "Destiny Park. The code."

His eyes widen as he looks at the sheet. Then he looks back at me. "Impressive work, Jungkook. Where did you learn that?"

"I'm... Just good at maths I guess."

Jimin speaks, "So, that means you're letting us meet the witness."

Seokjin looks at me and nods. "I don't have a choice, do I?"

I smile. "Thanks." He nods and gives us a photograph.

"It's Choi Yeonjun. He's a college student. And..." He writes his address at the back of the picture. "This is where you can find him."

Saturday, 2:00 pm

"That was amazing back there, Jungkook. How'd you do that?" Jimin asks while driving to the address.

"I was always attracted to cryptography. Me and Yoongi hyung used to send code messages to each other all the times. Never knew a hobby would come this handy" I grin and Jimin chuckles.