Chapter 12

Tuesday, 4:00 am

I sit awake on the couch. I haven't slept a blink this entire time after Kim Namjoon had left.

I keep fiddling with the gun in my hands, unsure of what to do with this. He said that the killer is my boyfriend. He said Tae murdered my parents. No, that can't be true.

I know Tae. He can never kill my parents. He even helped crack the case. He told me about the murder patterns and he also told me about the ring. Why did he do that if he was the murderer himself? This doesn't make sense.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

I... I should make decisions on my own... I should talk with Taehyung. I'll ask him about Namjoon. Are they really brothers? Namjoon said he wanted to kill the most powerful vampire to be on top. And Tae also told me he was the most feared vampire in the history. Maybe... Maybe Namjoon is lying to me?

I keep staring at the gun my hands. I can't think straight. I need Tae. I need Tae by my side right now. Where is he? I need him to come and tell me that whatever Namjoon said, was all lie.

My head start aching. I've been overthinking again. Taehyung told me not to. And he's not even here to make me feel better. He's not picking up my calls. What happened to him? Is he alright? He told me he'll see me in the morning then where the fuck is he!?

As if on cue, I hear the unlocking of my door and stand in an alert position. I clutch onto the gun and point it towards the door. Tae walks in and our eyes meet. His look tired and mine are scared. I keep pointing the gun at him with my shaking hands.

He looks at the gun and smiles. But that smile has a hint of pain in it.

"Namjoon hyung came." He says, more to himself than to me. He called him hyung, means they really are brothers, Namjoon wasn't lying. He leans back on the door for support as if his body has no energy. His smile drops and he takes a deep breath. "He took advantage of my condition. He knew I wouldn't be able to come to you anytime soon." He comes a step forward but I tighten my grip on the gun even more. He sees that and I notice that he looks hurt. "And seems like he successfully manipulated you as well." He sighs. "Hyung, you really are pretty clever."

"Taehyung. Tell me the truth." I finally form the words. "Tell me that whatever Namjoon said was wrong. Just say it." I beg him more than I ask him. He knows it as well.

"I can tell you what you want to hear. But I want you to know the truth. You deserve it after everything you've work so hard for." He speaks and slowly walks towards me. He completely ignores the gun in my hand and just keeps looking in my eyes. "First, you put the gun down, so we can talk." He says.

"No. I... I don't trust you. I don't trust anyone anymore."

"Looks like you trust Namjoon enough for trying to kill your boyfriend like this."

I gulp. "I just wanna know the fucking truth!"

He stops when we're at an arms distance. He grabs my wrist and positions it so the gun is pointing at his heart.

"Then shoot. I'll die happily by your side, Kookie. There's no better death I can choose." He keeps standing there confidently. Either he knew I wouldn't shoot him, or he didn't care about his life. "I will not say a single word until you put this gun down." He tells me.

I know how stubborn he is. So, I lower my hand and put the gun on the table nearby and face him again.

"Are you the killer, who's been murdering people all this time?" I ask him.

"Yes, I am." He nods. My heart break. I suddenly feel like the air sucked out of my lungs. I find it hard to breathe. The person I have been looking for all this time was right next to me. He was eating with me, sleeping with me, and even helping me with the case. Did you have fun making a fool of me while you pretended to be an innocent? Were you laughing inside whenever I talked about the killer? Was it fun to you?