Chapter 13

Tuesday, 12:00 pm

"What about my blood?" I ask him. He told me my blood was special. Maybe he will require less of it?

He smiles. "You're crazy." He shakes his head as if I just made a joke.

"I'm serious."

He frowns. "I can't drink your blood, Jungkook. I can't hurt you!"

"Will this, or will this not be enough for you?" I ask again.

He sighs. "A single drop of your blood is worth an entire human's. So, yeah, it will be enough. But I can't hurt you, you understand?"

I bite my lower lip and take a deep breath. "Do it. You have to do it. You will drink my blood from now on, alright? I can't let you kill humans anymore."

He shakes his head. "I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because... Because..." He looks away.

I stand up and sit on his lap, facing him. I put my knees on either sides of him and take his face in my hands so he looks into my eyes. "Tell me. What is it?"

"Because... I lose control when I get in contact with human blood. The monster inside me, it awakens. If I drink your blood... I... I'm afraid that... I'll end up losing you..." He looks so sad. He looks defeated. He is the most powerful person in the entire world, but the things he has to sacrifice until now, are countless. He's been through so much pain that it hurts to even imagine it.

I smile. "I will not let that happen, Tae. I'll stop you. I promise. If you want me to look at you the same way I used to before... Then please, do it. I beg you."

He gently strokes my face and his eyes turn softer. "Okay... I'll do that for you..." I smile and press my lips with his. He responds. Our kiss deepens and deepens but suddenly he puts a stop to it, covering my mouth.

"What happened?" I pout in disappointment.

He looks at the closed window and sighs. "Your brother is coming."

"What!?"

"He's on his way here. Might take 10 minutes, more or less."

"H...how do you know that?"

He smirks. "Bless my ears." He winks, making me chuckle. "I'll leave through the back door."

"Why? Stay here with me."

"No, it's too early to introduce us."

"I already have... And you didn't mind that time."

"Because I manipulated his mind last time. That's why he didn't remember anything. I have telepathic power. I can control human brains."

I widen my eyes in surprise. "That's... New..." So... Can you control mine as well? Have you... Done it before? Did you make me forget things too?"

He chuckles. "No. Most of my powers don't work on you. Maybe that's because of your blood."

I grin. "That's a relief."

He chuckles and gives me a kiss on forehead before putting me aside and walking towards the back door.

"I'll come when he's gone." He smiles and leaves. He could've just teleported himself, why bother walking? I shrug. And soon, my door bell rings.

I open the door and as expected, Yoongi Hyung is here.

I act surprised. "Hyung? What're you doing here so suddenly?"

He smiles. "You don't have to act surprised. I know Taehyung told you I was coming. He was here, wasn't he?"