Chapter 10

Sunday 7:00 am

I jog in this park everyday. But today, it seemed very long. Very lonely. I can't concentrate.

I stop and sit on the nearby bench. I can't anymore.

After Tae told me the truth yesterday, all I could think of was running away. Run away as far as I could. Away from him, away from everyone. Away from this world.

"Leave." Is what I said. "Leave my house right now, and never show me your face ever again!" I yelled at him.

I was furious. But he looked like he totally understood me. He nodded slowly and kissed my forehead.

"When I said I loved you and I will always protect you, I didn't lie." Were his last words before he vanished in thin air. He could even teleport? I didn't know. But what did I even know about him? Nothing.

All this time, the only man I ever loved and trusted with my heart, broke it. He betrayed me. He hid the fact that he was a vampire. It's not like he never got the chance to explain it to me. He knew about my parents. He knew that a vampire killed my parents. He knew I hated them. He knew everything. And still he kept me in the dark.

I hate him.

I run past his house when I come back home. The house look as abandoned as it used to look before Tae shifted here. His car was gone and maybe so was he. He left.

I think this is the end of us.

I get back inside and take a long bath to relax myself. I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't properly do my morning run. I don't feel like eating and my heart is a mess.

I think I have to learn how to function again.

I have to go back to my life before Tae appeared. My normal boring and lonely life. With just one motive. Finding the killer.

Instead, I should start finding Kim Namjoon now. But how can I find a vampire? Maybe he'll find me? He promised to meet me soon.

Sunday, 7:00 pm

"How are you alone, Jungkook? Where's Tae? He let you come here on your own?" Hoseok asks when I enter his bar.

"Just... Get me something strong." I'm not in the mood for chit-chat right now.

Thankfully, Hoseok listens and makes me a glass. He hands it over to me with a concerned look on his face.

"Heartbreak?" He asks.

"It's shattered." I reply and gulp down the drink. "One more!"

"On your way."

I keep drinking to the point it's impossible for me to even sit straight. But I still can't stop drinking because the memories and the pain isn't gone yet. He's been running through my mind all day and now, even alcohol can't seem to help.

"Kookie, I think you've had enough." Hoseok says, snatching the glass from my hand.

"No! I need to forget him!" I yell at him, making him sigh.

"Listen, dear. Alcohol will only make you more miserable. You're going to regret it tomorrow morning. Just stop it already. This isn't a solution for your problems."

"Then what is, Hobi? What's the solution?" I ask him slowly, pain visible in my tone.

He looks at me with sympathy. "Just talk it out. Look, if there is one thing in this world that I'm sure of, is Taehyung's love for you. He loves you like crazy. You don't know the lengths he would go just to protect you. And trust me... You need him more than you think you do."