Chapter 16

Seokjin's pov-

Sunday, 12:00 am

I open the bedroom door and find Namjoon sitting on side of the bed. He slowly looks up at me and smiles.

"You're back. I was getting worried." He walks towards me and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. He kisses my cheek and licks my earlobe, giving me shivers of excitement. "You always smell so good, Jin." He whispers in my ear. "How did it go?" He asks.

"Good. I successfully supressed my thoughts. Taehyung couldn't read me."

"And Jungkook?"

"He agreed to come here with me tomorrow. I lied that we'll go to the police station for some remaining formalities regarding his resignation."

Namjoon smirks and grabs my face and takes me in a kiss. He sucks hard on my lips and his tongue does it's job in my mouth. He's a great kisser. But unlike the usual, he doesn't go further. He just stops after the kiss and looks into my eyes.

"I'm proud that I chose you, as my mate, Jin." His honesty make me smile.

He told me that we mated the first time he drank my blood. And he didn't do that on purpose, it was just that his instinct told him to stop from killing me. And he said that he was glad that he listened to it.

"And..." Namjoon leans closer to whisper in my ear. "You've gotten better at lying."

I suddenly freeze. I frown and push him off me. "What... What do you mean?" I ask in panic.

But he just smiles and puts his hands in his pockets, looking at me fondly. "I know you're lying. You're planning something against me now, aren't you?" He speaks so casually. How does he know? And why doesn't he look even a little bit angry? "I don't know what your real plans are, but I guess I will find out soon, right?" He smiles instead. I know this smile isn't fake.

"Namjoon.... How do you know?"

He shrugs. "You can't just supress your thoughts, Jin. That's impossible. And my little brother is very capable to read you like an open book."

I open my mouth in surprise. "But... You... If you knew that it's impossible for me... Then why did you even sent me there!?" I shout at him. I feel like a fool right now.

"Maybe I wanted to test you."

"Test me?"

He smiles and takes a step towards me but stops when I move backwards.

"Yes. I wanted to make sure who's side are you on."

"How would you know that?"

"If you told me that Jungkook denied to come with you, means Tae knows you're a danger. But if Jungkook agreed to come, then you're not a danger for them."

I suddenly feel weak. I feel exposed. I feel like I lost.

I lost my only chance to help Namjoon. I lost my chance to change his mind.

I only realise that I was crying, when Namjoon comes and wipes my tears. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"It's alright, Jin. It's alright."

I gulp. "Why are you not angry at me?"

"Because I'm certain that you love me and you won't go against me. Yes, I was disappointed. But I think if you made a decision, it must be because you thought it was good for me. Right?"

I nod and take his face in my hands. "Yes. You're right. I love you. That's why I'm doing this. I can't see you like this anymore. Just look around you. Who's here? Just us. You have nobody by your side, Namjoon. Your brother... Your friends... You lost them all because you chased power. And I... I hate seeing you like this."