Chapter 6

Wednesday, 10:00 am

I dropped a text to Seokjin, telling him I'll come by at lunch because my ass was hurting. But soon, it started getting better and then I received a call from Jimin, asking me to meet at our usual place. So here I am, sitting in the café, sipping banana milk with Jimin sitting in front of me.

"You're gonna say something or you're just gonna stare at me like a hawk?"

"You don't care about me, do you? Did you ever even consider me as your friend?"

"Jimin-ah... Stop it... You know how much you mean to me."

"Then why didn't you tell me about this guy? You didn't tell me when he moved in next door. You didn't tell me when you two went out drinking, you didn't tell me when you started dating him, you didn't tell me you were gay.... What else are you hiding?"

I sigh." Jimin, I wanted to tell you... But it all happened so fast... I mean... It's just been a few days since Tae moved here."

"Exactly! It's just been a few days! He's practically stranger! How could you date him!? What do you even know about him, huh?"

I look down at my drink."I know... you're right... But it's just... He makes me feel so good. Whenever he's near me, I feel safe. I feel understood. I feel like home. As if we've known each other from ages."

Jimin keeps looking at me and then takes a deep breath."Look, I don't like this guy. But also know that I'm in no position to tell you whom to date and whom to don't. All I wanna say is... Keep your eyes open around him. There's something off with him."

I nod."Okay."

None of us say a word for quite some time, then he speaks again.

"By the way, what about your job? Did you find something useful?"

" Right, about that." I lean forward on the table, making Jimin more curious." Detective Seokjin asked me to find the pattern behind all the victims, he gave me the background information on all of them. And guess what? I took it home and Tae helped me solve it."

He frowns." Tae helped you?"

"Yes. I couldn't find a single clue but he could. He quickly solved it. He said all the victims are criminals. They have committed crime in at least once in their life."

"That's... Impressive."

" I know right? But there are still 30% with no official criminal records."

" Maybe they weren't caught?"

" That's what we think as well."

" Great! Then let's go."

" Where?"

" To the homes of those 30% victims to find out if they were criminals or not."

Wednesday, 1:00 pm

Jimin and I drop the file of victims to the station and Jimin asks him to let us go investigate and he agrees. So, Jimin drags me to the first house of those 30% victims.

"We're here." He stops the car and I look at the list.

"This is the house of Kang Minsuk."

We get out of the car and ring the bell of the house. Soon, a woman in her 40s open the door. "Um, how can I help you?"

"We're sent by the police. Can you please help us on your husband's murder case?"

He face turns cold. "I've told the police everything. And I don't want to say anything else."