Chapter 3

Sunday, 1:00 pm

Taehyung: You didn't forget your promise, did you?

I suddenly get a text from Taehyung. Right, I told him I'll show him around the town. Shit, I totally forgot.

Jungkook: Not at all. We can hang out whenever you're free.

Taehyung: How about tonight?

Tonight? That's pretty sudden. But it's alright since I'm not doing anything anyways.

Jungkook: Sure.

Taehyung: Then I'll pick you up at 7. I know a good place nearby.

Already? It's just been a couple of days since he moved. He already knows places? Does he even need me in the first place?

Jungkook: 👍

Sunday, 7:30 pm

We get out of his black SUV and I look at the place. It's a bar.

"I never came here before." I tell Taehyung.

"Don't worry, you're gonna like this place." He states calmly as if he knows about my likes and dislikes. We barely know each other.

But damn was he wrong. This place was huge with two floors. There were lots of people. Atmosphere was cozy, there was mostly wooden furniture everywhere. Everyone smelled of alcohol but it wasn't uncomfortable. How come I didn't know about this place before?

"Told you you'll like it." He chuckles and I nudge him a little.

We sit on the nearest stools at counter and Taehyung locks eyes with one of the bartender. He grins looking at Taehyung and quickly finishes his previous order to take ours.

"What can I get you two?" He asks in a cheerful voice.

"Your special. Just... Don't overdo it." Tae tells him and he winks before looking at me.

"And what about you, handsome?" He asks.

"If this is how you behave with every customer, then just get me a scotch. But if you're trying to flirt with me, then I'd ask for you to turn it down first."

He widens his eyes and shares a look with Taehyung who just smirks and shrugs. Then he looks back at me, not with a normal tone, he speaks, "Wow, never came across someone so straight forward before." He leans closer. "I'm Hoseok. Jung Hoseok. But you can call me Hobi." He winks again.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"I'll be right back with your drink, Kookie." Before I could reply, he leaves.

I sigh and look at Tae, who chuckles. This is the first time I saw him smiling. He has a pretty smile. It suits him. "Don't worry about Hobi, he's over friendly with everyone he comes across."

"You know him?"

"Kinda. We were close when we were kids... Then he moved. It wasn't until yesterday that I ran into him in the town and he invited me here."

I nod. "I see."

"There you go, Tae. Kookie." Hoseok puts our drinks in front of us. "Have fun." With that, he leaves to take other orders.

I take a sip and frown at the unexpectedly unique taste.

"What happened? You don't like it?" Taehyung asks.

"No, it's good." I glance at Hoseok. "At least he's not bad at his job."

"Ah, he has many talents." Taehyung says as he gulps down his own drink.