1991-1992 Hogwarts House Cup

Emma's POV

Hermione, Ron and I were allowed in to see Harry. Who told us about what happened in the chamber. "So the Stone's gone?" Ron asks him.

"Flamel and his wife are just going to die?" I ask him sadly.

"That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that -- what was it? -- 'to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure'" Harry tells us.

"Well I don't get it" I grumble.

"I always said he was off his rocker" Ron states.

"So what happened to you three?" Harry asks us.

"Well I delivered the letter and was on my way back to Gryffindor Tower. When I ran into Snape, scared the day lights out of me. He took house points and started to escort me back to Gryffindor tour. I told him everything and he left me with Coal. Saying he was going to get Professor McGonagall on his way to save you all" I explain.

"Well, I got back all right" Hermione starts. "I brought Ron round -- that took a while -- and we were dashing up to McGonagall's office. When we met Dumbledore in the entrance hall. He already knew -- he just said, 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?' and hurtled off to the third floor" she explains.

"D'you think he meant you to do it?" Ron asks him. "Sending you your father's cloak and everything?" he asks.

"If he did, that'd of been terrible. You all nearly died" I state as I pat Coal.

"She's right" Hermione agrees.

"No, it isn't" Harry protests. "He's a funny man, Dumbledore. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try, and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could" he explains.

"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right," Ron declares and I nod my head in agreement.

"Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow" I tell Harry.

"The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course. You missed the last Quidditch match, we were steamrollered by Ravenclaw without you. But the food will be good" Ron states. I roll my eyes, always thinking with his stomach.

"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now OUT" Madame Pomfrey says firmly startling me. "Sorry Miss Vane" she says and I grab Coal's harness. He leads me out with the other two.

(Time Skip)

It's finally time for the end of year feast. I walk there with Hermione and Coal. "What does the hall look like?" I ask Hermione as we enter it.

"It is decked out in the Slytherin colors of green and silver. To celebrate Slytherin's winning the house cup for the seventh year in a row. Huge banners showing the Slytherin serpent covering the hall. Hanging over each house table" she explains. I groan and she leads me to our table. We sit down. Harry and Ron soon join us.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore announces cheerily. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast" he states. "Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two" he explains.

A storm of cheering and stamping broke out behind me. Must be the Slytherin table. "Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account" Dumbledore tells us. Does he mean about the stone? How does that affect the house points?

"I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see" he says. "First to Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years. I award Gryffindor house fifty points" Dumbledore announces. I cheer with the other gryffindors. We're now in third place.

"My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past Professor McGonagall's giant chess set!" Percy says proudly. At last there was silence again.

"Second -- to Miss Hermione Granger... for the use of cool logic in the face of fire. I award Gryffindor house fifty points" Dumbledore announces. Gryffindors all around me are beside themselves, we are now a hundred points up. But still in third place.

"Third -- to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor house fifty points" Dumbledore announces. We're now in second place ten points behind Slytherin. "Fourth to Miss Emma Vane for admitting the truth even though she could of gotten into trouble. I award her ten points" he states.

"We're tied with Slytherin" Hermione declares as I'm patted on the back.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom" Dumbledore announces. Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place. So loud was the noise that erupted from our table.

We had just won the house cup thanks to Neville. We knocked Slytherin off of their pedestal. "Which means, we need a little change of decoration" Dumbledore states. I hear a clap and frown.

"What happened?" I ask Hermione curious.

"The banners changed from slytherin to gryffindor" she states. We all enjoy our feast. When we return to the common room we party for hours. Though I left after an hour feeling tired.

The next day our exam results came. Harry and Ron passed with good marks; Hermione, of course, had the best grades of the first years. Even Neville scraped through, his good Herbology mark making up for his abysmal Potions one. I actually wasn't far behind Hermione on Potions and passed with very good grades. Which I am happy about.

Suddenly our wardrobes were empty, our trunks were packed. Neville's toad was found lurking in a corner of the toilets. Notes were handed out to all students, warning them not to use magic over the holidays. Us first years went to the station by the boats and Hagrid helped me in & out of them.

Fay helps me onto the train. We find a compartment and promise to write to each other over the holidays. Though for me an auto quill will write my letters and my sister will read the replies to me. I spent half the journey with Fay and the other half with the trio. Hermione promised to invite me over during the holidays. Ron promised to invite us all over to the Burrow.

My mum and sister meet me at Kings Cross Station. Romilda tackling me to the ground in a tight hug. I hugged her back just as tightly. I'd missed her a lot. After we were done greeting each other, we went home in mum's car. It felt good to be home. Romilda helped me unpack and we then had dinner. As I told them about my year.

A/N

Gif above of the Slytherin banners becoming Gryffindor ones and picture on the external link of the house cup.