Hogsmeade with George

Emma's POV

So Sirius Black broke into our common room and attacked Ron with a knife. I can't believe Sirius was so reckless. Though it was slightly my fault for not telling him sooner about Scabbers faking his death again. Had I done so, he wouldn't of entered the common room. He had Crookshanks steal Neville's list of passwords. No one slept that night in the common room as the castle was searched again for Sirius. But he had managed to evade capture again.

But Neville got in so much trouble. Professor McGonagall was so furious with him she had banned him from all future Hogsmeade visits, given him a detention, and forbidden anyone to give him the password into the tower. Poor Neville was forced to wait. outside the common room every night for somebody to let him in, while the security trolls leered unpleasantly at him. None of these punishments, however, came close to matching the one his grandmother had in store for him. Two days after Black's break-in, she sent Neville the very worst thing a Hogwarts student could receive over breakfast, a Howler.

Sir Cadogan had been fired as the portrait to Gryffindor tower. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady is back. She has been expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous. She only agreed to return to her job only on condition that she was given extra protection. A bunch of surly security trolls have been hired to guard her. They pace the corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and comparing the size of their clubs. Honestly, they scare me.

Anyway, today is another Hogsmeade visit. It's been a week since Sirius broke into Gryffindor tower. He seems to be laying low with Coal. George invited me to go with him. When Hermione asked if I'd go with her, I told her I already had plans. She said it was fine and said she would most likely not stay long anyway. With exams approaching.

George and I caught a carriage to Hogsmeade together. "So, what's on the agenda today?" I ask him. As the carriage begins to move.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise" he states.

"Do you think we should tell the others?" I ask him.

"Probably, but it'll be more fun to see them figure it out for themselves" he tells me.

"True" I say with a giggle. "I think my sister and Hermione already suspect something" I tell him.

"Care to bet who'll figure us out first?" he asks me.

"Maybe later" I tell him. We arrive at Hogsmeade and he helps me out of the carriage. "My what a gentleman you can be" I tease.

"I can be very sophisticated, my lady" he says with a mocking bow and I laugh. "Let us start our day" he states. He leads me through Hogsmeade and we go to Honeydukes first. They had some new sweets and we took turns feeding each other samples. It was a lot of fun. Though George wouldn't let me pay for anything.

Afterwards, we went to Zonkos. It was amazing. I understand why the twins love it so much. Everywhere I looked there was something new and exciting to look at. George told me how he and Fred plan on opening a joke shop when they finish school. I told him, I supported his decision. "What about you?" he asks me. "What do you want to do after school?" he asks me.

"I'm not sure" I admit. "I'm taking a lot of subjects this year, seeing what peaks my interest" I state. As we walk through town.

"You could be a professional quidditch player with your flying skills" he states.

"I told you, I fly for fun. I don't see myself being a famous quidditch player in future" I tell him. We enter the three broomsticks and get a butterbeer each. Before grabbing a table looking at the menu.

"What do you want to eat?" he asks me.

"Oh no you don't, you haven't let me pay for a single thing today" I state. "So I am paying for lunch, as a thank you for an amazing day" I tell him. He goes to protest, but I give him a look. He sighs in defeat and allows me to pay for lunch. Afterwards, we tour Hogsmeade some more. Before catching a carriage back to Hogwarts.

"Will you be at training?" he asks me.

"Yes, even though Oliver doesn't plan on having me play in the final match. He wants to keep Slytherin guessing" I tell him. "Also for me to be prepared encase I have to play" I add.

"Either way, we'll win" he says confidentially.

"I'm sure we will" I agree. "So about that bet, I think Hermione will riddle us out first" I state.

"I bet it's Fred" he tells me.

"What's the winner get?" I ask him.

"A kiss" he says with a smirk and I blush.

"Not much of a prize" I tell him.

"Ok, I win and you come to my house during summer" he states.

"And I win, you come to my house" I say.

"Deal?" he says offering his hand. I smile and peck him on the lips.

"Deal" I say. The carriage stops and we link hands exiting. To see Lee and Fred existing another.

"There you are!" Lee exclaims.

"You said you couldn't go to Hogsmeade because of detention" Fred adds.

"Um" George says scratching the back of his head.

"Wait, were you two on a date?" Fred asks looking at our hands. George and I let go of each others hands blushing. "How could you not tell me?!" he demands.

"Guess you won" I tell George and he smiles pecking my cheek. "I'm gonna go find my sister or Hermione. I'll leave you to tell these two" I state. He nods and I left the group outside. I head to the library and find my sister studying. I join her and begin to read a book on how to properly brew and use a Wiggenweld Potion.

A/N

Picture above of George.