Valentine's Day

Emma's POV

It's now February 14th 1993 Valentine's day. Nothing has really happened since Christmas. No more attacks. But the criminal still hasn't been caught. Gilderoy Lockhart seemed to think he himself had made the attacks stop. I overheard him telling Professor McGonagall so while the Gryffindors were lining up for Transfiguration.

Hermione was in the hospital wing for several weeks after Christmas. Apparently she used cat hair in a poly-juice potion she had made. She had to remain in the hospital wing until she stopped coughing up fur balls and still did all her school work. And helped me study.

Harry and Ron found a fifty year old diary that belonged to a be a boy called Tom Riddle. Harry wrote in it and someone wrote back. Then showed him a vision of Hagrid being expelled for having a huge spider. After the death of a student. This was back when the Chamber of Secrets had been opened the first time. I don't believe Hagrid would let anything hurt anyone. Something is wrong with this Tom person.

Anyway I went to the great hall for breakfast with Fay. We sat at the Gryffindor table and I feel Coal lay at my feet like usual. "The great hall is pink and Lockhart is wearing pink" Fay tells me.

"Strange, they've never celebrated Valentine's day before. Have they?" I ask her.

"Not that I'm aware of" she mutters. "The other professors all look stony faced" she adds. "McGonagall's cheek muscle is pulsing" she states and I giggle. That's not good. Means she is very annoyed and trying to control her temper.

"Happy Valentine's day and may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" Lockhart announces. I hear someone clap their hands and the doors to the hall open.

"What's happening?" I ask Fay confused.

"A dozen surly-looking dwarfs dressed as cupids just entered the hall" she mutters.

"My friendly, card-carrying cupids!" Lockhart states. "They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! I myself already have received forty six cards. And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog" he explains.

"I bet Hermione was apart of the forty six" Fay tells me.

"I don't doubt it. She had a card from while she was in the hospital wing. She slept with it under her pillow according to the boys" I tell her and we giggle. We finish our breakfast and go to our first class.

(Time Skip)

All morning long, the dwarfs kept barging into our classes to deliver valentines, to the annoyance of the teachers. Fay and I are on our way to lunch. "Oy, which of you is Emma Vane?" a voice asks.

"Who is it Fay?" I ask confused as Coal yips at something.

"One of the dwarf cupids. I'm Fay and this is my friend Emma Vane" she states.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to Emma Vane" the dwarf states. I blush, someone is sending me a valentine's message. "Here is your singing valentine: Her eyes a cloudy grey how I long to uncover the secrets behind them, hair as dark as night but looks as soft as cotton, I wish she would look my way one day, maybe we could be an item. But for now I long for us to be friends" he sings while playing a harp. "Here's a card and some chocolate, he hopes you will meet him one day" he states placing two items in my hands before I hear him walk away.

I run my hand over the note and notice it's braille and smile. Dear Emma, I know we've never talked before and you don't know me. But I hope you will meet me. I will be going to the lake every night at midnight fortnightly until exams. Starting in a fort night. I hope you will come and we can get to know each other.

Yours Sincerely, Anonymous

"What's it say, just an offer to meet. What sort of chocolates did he give me?" I ask her.

"Honeycomb" she states. "Lunch?" she asks and I nod my head. We go to the great hall. I try to figure out who my secret valentine is. And if he is genuine or just wants to make a fool out of me. There's only one way to find out, but am I willing to do it?

A/N

Picture above of Valentine's day decorations.