Flight of the Fat Lady

Emma's POV

It's been two months and school is going great. Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin. No one else has figured out his secret yet and I haven't told anyone. I've caught up in astronomy and with the practical side of lessons. Though I'm considering dropping Muggle studies and Divination though. Once exams are over.

Anyway it's Halloween and the great hall looks great. Though it'll look even better tonight. I'm outside by the lake, waiting for Draco. We're planning to have lunch together. Smok is resting in a tree with Dawn. I hear someone approaching and turn to see "Loki!" I exclaim shocked.

He yips happily and runs over. I wrap my arms around his furry neck. "What are you doing here boy?" I ask shocked. I hear another bark and see Coal. "Coal!" I shout and he races over and gives me a kiss. "How are you both here?" I ask. "Oh poor boys, you look starved" I say noticing they look thin. Coal whines.

"Don't worry, I get you both food" I assure him. I grab my bag and get out quill & parchment. I write a letter to mum and call Smok down. "Take this home boy, to my mum" I tell him. He hoots and takes it before leaving.

Suddenly Budo appears with a letter from Draco. Apparently he was called to a meeting with his Quidditch team. He apologizes for not coming. I wrote him a letter back and sent Budo with it. I then focus on the two dogs.

"Wait here, I'll get us all food" I tell them. They wag their tails. "Watch Dawn" I tell Coal before racing to the castle. When I reach the entrance hall I stop and bite my lip. It'd be weird running into the great hall and grabbing a lot of food. Before running out, it'd be safer to go to the kitchens. But where is it?

"Lost?" George asks startling me. "Sorry" he says sheepishly.

"I'm looking for the kitchens. I need food and a lot of it" I tell him.

"Why?" he asks confused.

"Coal is here and brought a friend. Both are very hungry" I tell him.

"Well then follow me" he says and leads me to the dungeons. "So Coal got himself a girlfriend?" he asks.

"No, just a male best friend" I tell him. "Loki is a stray he befriended over the summer. I fed him and now they're here" I state.

"Strange" he says when we reach a painting of a bowl of fruit. He tickles the pear and door knob appears. He twists it and opens a door. "Welcome to the Hogwarts kitchen" he says as we enter the room.

"Master Weasley, how may we help you today? Who's your female friend?" a house elf asks.

"Blinky this is Emma, she nods a lot of food for two starved dogs. Think you can help?" George asks him.

"Of course" Blinky says with a smile. He rallies a few house elves and they put together two baskets for me. "For the dogs" he says passing me a basket.

"Thank you" I say.

"For you both" he says handing a basket to George.

"Thanks, I'm sure Emma is starved" George says with a smile. He has a nice smile. He wraps an arm around my shoulders. "See you all later" he says to the elves before leaving.

"Thanks for this" I tell him.

"You're welcome, lead the way" he tells me. I nod and lead him to the lake. Where Loki is playing with Dawn while Coal watched. He notices us and yips getting the other twos attention. Loki runs over. "So what's his name?" George asks me as Loki and Coal sniff our baskets.

"Loki" I say and he chuckles. I set out the food the elves made for the dogs. "Enjoy" I tell them and they dig in. I look back at George and see he'd set up a picnic for us.

"Shall we?" he asks and I nod my head. We sit by each other and enjoy our lunch. Before we had to pack and go to our next lesson.

(Time skip)

Dinner was great. I enjoyed it with Hermione and Fay. As Ron is annoyed with Hermione, as her cat keeps attacking Scabbers. He wants her to get rid of her cat, but she won't. Anyway we were on our way back to the common room. But there was a line of Gryffindors in our way.

"I wonder what the hold up is" Fay says confused.

"Maybe Neville forgot the password again" I hear Ron say.

"Hey!" Neville exclaims.

"Oh, you're there" Ron mutters.

Suddenly Ginny reaches us. "It's the fat lady, she's gone" she tells us. We all look at her shocked. Professor Dumbledore appears with the head of each house and Mr Filch. We found the fat lady and she tells Dumbledore that Sirius Black attacked her.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you to the Great Hall" Dumbledore instructs us. We all do so and are soon joined by the other students. We spend the night in the great hall under lock and key. While the teachers searched the school grounds for Sirius Black. Hopefully it won't cancel the Hogsmeade trip this weekend.

A/N

Picture above of the great hall decorated for Halloween and picture on the external  link of the slashed portrait.