Quidditch Final

Emma's POV

So everyone knows George and I are dating now. Even our parents. Our mothers have demanded to be introduced. So we'll do that at the end of the year at the station. We've had Easter, which was fun. Hermione and I dropped Divination. Well Hermione stormed out of the class. And I went with her to McGonagall so that she could drop the subject. I decided I didn't need it either and it gave me more free time. Sort of.

Anyway, it's time for the final quidditch match. Today decides the winner for the inter-house Quidditch Cup. Harry can't catch the snitch until the team is at least 60 points. Otherwise we win the match, but lose the cup. Oliver was driving Harry crazy with always remind him. Katie is playing today, not me. But my quidditch supply is in the change room if I need to take over. Currently I am in George's spare quidditch sweater and jeans. Sitting with Fay and Ginny as the match begins.

Lee introduced both teams, Gryffindor and Slytherin. Madame Hooch had both captains shake hands. They then mounted their brooms and took to the sky as the balls were released. And the game began. I notice Malfoy tailing Harry as Lee begins to commentate the match.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no -- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field -- WHAM! -- nice Bludger work there by George Weasley" he says and I cheer.

"Go George!" I shout and blush as Fay giggles with Ginny.

"Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by -- Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina -- nice swerve around Montague -- duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger!¨C SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee announces and I cheer with the others.

"Ouch!" I hear Angelina shout. Angelina was nearly thrown from her broom as Marcus Flint went smashing into her. The crowd boo him.

"Sorry, didn't see her!" he lies. A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed.

"That will do!" Madame Hooch shrieks flying in between them. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!" she snaps.

"Come off it, Miss!" Fred whines. She ignores him and Alicia took the penalty for our team. She scored. Flint took the penalty for Slytherin, even though his nose was still bleeding badly. He failed to get past Oliver.

"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession -- no! Gryffindor back in possession and it's Katie Bell, Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's streaking up the field -- THAT WAS DELIBERATE!" Lee screeches.

Montague, a Slytherin Chaser, had swerved in front of Katie, and instead of seizing the Quaffle had grabbed her head. Katie cart-wheeled in the air, managed to stay on her broom, but dropped the Quaffle. Madam Hooch's whistle rang out again as she soared over to Montague and began shouting at him. A minute later, Katie had put another penalty past the Slytherin Keeper. I think Lee said his name is Miles Bletchley. Aside from Draco and Flint, he is the only one of the team that has lasted longer then a year.

(Time skip)

It was turning into the dirtiest game Harry had ever played in. Enraged that Gryffindor had taken such an early lead, the Slytherins were rapidly resorting to any means to take the Quaffle. Bole hit Alicia with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger. George then elbowed Bole in the face in retaliation. Madam Hooch awarded both teams penalties, and Wood pulled off another spectacular save, making the score forty-ten to Gryffindor. Luckily I haven't had to step in so far as there have been no serious injuries. To prevent someone from playing.

Malfoy was still keeping close to Harry as he soared over the match. Katie scored. Fifty-ten. Fred and George Weasley were swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any of the Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Bole and Derrick took advantage of Fred's and George's absence to aim both Bludgers at Wood; they caught him in the stomach, one after the other, and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.

"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS WITHIN THE SCORING AREA!" Madame Hooch shrieks at them. Angelina took the penalty and scored us another goal. Moments later, Fred Weasley pelted a Bludger at Warrington, knocking the Quaffle out of his hands; Alicia seized it and put it through the Slytherin goal, seventy-ten. If Harry catches the snitch now we win.

I look around for him and spot him as he puts on a burst of speed. He'd spotted the snitch. Suddenly, the Firebolt was slowing down. I turn and gasp to see Malfoy had thrown himself forward, grabbed hold of the Firebolt's tail, and was pulling it back. Who was panting with the effort of holding onto the Firebolt, but his eyes were sparkling maliciously. He had achieved what he'd wanted to do -- the Snitch had disappeared again.

"Penalty! Penalty to Gryffindor! I've never seen such tactic!" Madame Hooch snaps.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee shouts into the mike. Dancing out of Professor McGonagall's reach. Professor McGonagall didn't even bother to tell him off She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy's direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously. Alicia took Gryffindor's penalty, but she was so angry she missed by several feet. The Gryffindor team was losing concentration and the Slytherins, delighted by Malfoy's foul on Harry, were being spurred on to greater heights.

Harry was now marking Malfoy so closely their knees kept hitting each other. Harry wasn't going to let Malfoy anywhere near the Snitch. "Get out of it, Potter!" I hear him shout in frustration.

"Angelina Johnson gets the Quaffle for Gryffindor, come on, Angelina, COME ON!" Lee shouts. She scores, Eighty- twenty Gryffindor.  Harry, who had almost pelted headlong into the stands, skidded to a halt in midair, reversed, and zoomed back into the middle of the field. And then he saw something to make his heart stand still. Malfoy was diving, a look of triumph on his face. Harry urged the Firebolt downward, but Malfoy was miles ahead.

"Go Harry!" Hermione and I shout encouragingly. He was soon level with Draco. Harry threw himself forward, took both hands off his broom. He knocked Malfoy's arm out of the way and caught the snitch.

"YES!" he shouts. He pulled out of his dive, his hand in the air, and the stadium exploded. Harry soared above the crowd. As we all cheered. Aside from the Slytherins.

"We've won the Cup! We've won the Cup!" I hear the girls chant. As the team hugs in midair. I laugh and run down to the pitch.

"George!" I shout and he spins to catch me. I hug him tightly. "You guys did it!" I shout and he kisses me. The crowd cheers and wolf whistles as I blush. Suddenly we're hoisted onto the shoulders of the crowd. Along with the rest of the team. George holds my hand tightly as Oliver hands the quidditch cup to Harry. Who lifted it into the air to more cheers.

We had a massive party that night, actually it lasted at least a week the euphoria of us winning the quidditch cup. Even the weather seemed to be celebrating; as the days became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling onto the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But we couldn't. Exams were nearly upon us, and instead of lazing around outside. We were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully our brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows. Even Fred and George Weasley had been spotted working; they were about to take their O. W. L. s. I may of got them to take their exams more seriously. Though it'll me a miracle is they pass every subject, I pray they do enough to get some passing grades.

A/N

Picture above of Gryffindor Quidditch Sweater and picture on the external link of Harry holding the Quidditch cup.