Chapter 4 (Food and the Team)

Natasha

"Bring the kids to the Dining Hall." Natasha spoke to the others through her earpiece.

Responses blared back at her:

Steve said "Roger that."

Banner said "Do you want us to tell them where they're going?"

"Of course you'd say that, Rogers." Tony sassed.

"Thor asked if there'd be Pop-Tarts." Banner said.

Her response was "It's a yes to both questions. Bring them in before six o'clock."

Natasha knocked on the door to Annabeth's room.

"Come in!" the teen replied.

"Ready to see your friends?" Natasha asked.

P͞͞e͞͞r͞͞c͞͞y͞͞

"Are the handcuffs really necessary?" Percy asked.

"Nope." Clint answered.

"Then can you take them off of me?"

"I could, but I'm not going to until we get to the Dining Hall, Mr. Hydrokinesis."

"I'm going to ignore that. Why not? You think I'm going to burst a pipe and flood the place?"

"It's a possibility."

"I would be facepalming right now if my hands weren't in cuffs. Gods, I sound like Terminus."

"Who's Terminus?"

"The armless, talking statue-god of borders." He said too fast for Hawkeye to register.

"What?"

"A guy who always does something wrong at the mall. Are we there yet?"

"Believe it or not, yes." He took the cuffs off of Percy.

"Thank you, Mr. Lock-me-up-in-handcuffs."

"Excuse me?"

"Thank you, I hated those cuffs."

"You're welcome."

Percy smirked and walked into the room where Annabeth was waiting. It was a dining hall, just as promised, and the table was covered in food. Percy's mouth started to water. But Annabeth was his top priority. He would be lost without her.

"Annabeth!" Percy shouted as soon as he saw her. He didn't even care that two of their captors were watching.

"Percy!" They ran up to each other and he engulfed Annabeth in a huge hug.

She kissed him on the cheek and whispered-in a deadly calm voice that reminded him of old times. "If you ever leave me again-"

"Consider me warned." He laughed. It was just like New Rome-minus the Judo flip." I love you, Wise girl."

"I love you, too, Seaweed brain." She whispered and he kissed her.

Someone cleared their throat behind them. "PDA much?"

"Nico!" They pulled him into a hug before he could react.

"Ugh, first Jason, then Reyna, now you guys. Why does everyone want to accept me all of the sudden?"

"Because you deserve it," Percy said.

"It was a rhetorical question," He responded.

"I'd hate to break up this touching moment- not really, but you get the gist. I'm Tony Stark, or Iron Man if you prefer-" Tony started. Annabeth and Percy broke apart from Nico.

"Tony Stark? Your tower's architecture could use some work, but the robotics are genius." Annabeth said.

"The Cosplayer?" Percy asked.

"Oh, so you're the guy who was interrogating me. I guess that's nice to know." Nico said.

"Seriously!? No, 'OMG! You're THE TONY STARK! I've wanted to meet you since I was four!' or 'No way, you're THE IRON MAN! What was it like to fight aliens? Can you build me a super suit?' What is wrong with you kids?!" Tony said.

"I guess you could say nothing really surprises us anymore-" Percy started.

"Perseus Jackson!!! Annabeth Chase!! And Nico di Angelo!" A voice boomed.

Percy instinctively reached for Riptide, but his trusty sword still wasn't there.

Unarmed, they turned to face the voice.

"Zeus???" The three shouted as they recognized the god.

"I cannot stay in this form for long. The Avengers believe only in the Norse. You are to join the Avengers when they ask. It is not an offer you can turn down." He glared at Percy before continuing. "You will find your costumes in your rooms, along with your weapons- including your favorite dagger and laptop that were lost in Tartarus, Miss Chase. I expect my temple to look grand at any rate. That is all. Shield your eyes."

When Percy looked back up, a blonde guy with armor who was holding a hammer was looking at them but everything else looked as if a single second hadn't passed.

"Are you okay, young demigods?" The hammer guy asked. Percy felt a little pale.

Bob, Damasan, Small Bob, he thought. Snap out of it.

Food, his stomach rumbled.

Well that worked.

"I knew it," Natasha mumbled. "They're demigods."

"Yeah, we're fine." Annabeth spoke.

"Can we eat now?" Percy's stomach rumbled on cue.

"Yes, but first, do you want to join the team?" Natasha asked.

"Join the team?" Every Avenger except Natasha and Thor yelled.

"Wait, what?" Percy asked.

"Do you want to join the Avengers and save the world from evil?"

"Sure, why not?" Percy said, then mumbled."I just wanted a normal senior year. Is that so much to ask for?"

"I'll join." Annabeth said and whispered. "Same for me but 'normal' isn't for us, apparently."

"I guess I'll join, too." Nico answered. "Now can we eat?"

"That was quicker than I thought. Why not?" Natasha said.

They picked up some plates and started eating.