Chapter 24 (Making a Plan)

A/N I was thinking about a cover change. Thoughts?

I put a before and after just so you know. :]

C͟l͟i͟n͟t͟

Clint could hardly breathe as the paralyzation of the suit wore off. He wanted to laugh off how Peter thought he was dead, but, at the same time, he wanted to strangle the kid. He settled on laughing for the sake of the kid's health.

As soon as the quartet walked into the elevator, Jarvis notified them that Annabeth, Nico and Percy had entered the tower a few minutes ago.

"Yes!" Spidey pumped his fist into the air and rushed off the elevator as soon as the doors opened. "Now I can cheat on my essay! See ya'!"

The remaining three stayed in the elevator.

When Peter was a safe distance away, Clint laughed and shook his head. "Can you believe he thought I was dead."

"It was pretty funny." Natasha let loose a smile.

"You tricked the kid into thinking he killed someone," Steve said seriously and stuck his hand in space between the elevator doors before they shut and walked out. Before the elevator left, he turned around. "Is it really that funny?"

Dang. Steve really knew how to add drama to make someone feel guilty. Clint was one of the victims of Natasha's strategy and he even felt a wave of guilt wash over him. That took some serious skill.

"I bet he's taking the stairs." Clint attempted to lighten the mood.

"I think I'll help Bruce pinpoint Tony and Pepper's location in that Georgia aquarium." Natasha punched the button for the lab, which was two floors up. The doors opened and she walked out. "I'll see you around."

"See ya'." Clint was left alone as the elevator rose to the kitchen.

When the doors opened he sighed and was met by a dagger at his throat.

"Care for a drink?" Loki asked.

"You're not gonna possess me?"

"No. I wouldn't try without the staff. It would take more energy than I'd like to waste." Loki sheathed the dagger.

"Okay, how exactly did you escape from Asgard?"

"I'd tell you, but you'd explain every detail to Thunderhead." Loki walked towards the counter.

"True. So, what brings you here?" Clint followed.

"I needed a drink. I took a huge risk with my role, you know?"

"Yeah, it's the same here. A guy with a bow running around in a group of people with superpowers. I could die at any second on that battlefield. I have more of a chance to die whenever it comes down to it. Yeah, I'll take you up on your offer." Clint sat down on the barstool as Loki poured a second glass of Scotch and slid it to him.

They raised their glasses.

"To crazy, dangerous risks?" Loki proposed.

"To crazy, dangerous risks."

S͙t͙e͙v͙e͙

Steve couldn't believe that Tony and Pepper got kidnapped.

He couldn't believe that Nico was from the 1940s.

He couldn't believe Loki was partially on their side.

Steve couldn't believe any of this and more; however, he'd accepted it.

He was thinking about whether or not he was being too dramatic earlier when he bumped into someone.

"Sorry." He and the other person, who he had identified as Nico, apologized at the same time.