Chapter 27 (Madness and Basilisks)

A/N I bet you're wondering about the media. All in good time.

And holy peanut butter!!! There are over a hundred of you readers!!!!

I hope you've liked all of the references so far!

N͟͟i͟͟c͟͟o͟͟

Nico noticed the Avengers' meetings were just like how Percy described Cabin Leader meetings back at Camp. Clint was messing with a blushing Percy about him and Annabeth's relationship and trying to give him horrible advice, Annabeth and Natasha were debating on the fastest way to knock someone out, Thor and Captain America were messing with a loud and destructive combo caused by Mjölnir hitting Cap's shield and wondering if it would be useful in battle and Nico himself was dodging conversations with Spidey about how he knew Percy. It seemed the only things missing were a ping pong table, cheese-whiz, and crackers.

When Fury stalked in, Nico was immediately on edge. He knew it was silly, though. Fury wasn't possessed anymore. Piper had taken care of that minor setback.

"I want to know how the heck Stark got him and his fiancé kidnapped, why you decided to take the classified tank prototype with you and how the heck Amazon of all companies is involved!" He barked.

The last lines of the prophecy rang through Nico's mind as Annabeth, Percy and he shared a look.

An unknown secret three must keep,

To fight and prevent the destruction of all.

We can't tell the agency about the camps, but we can tell them about the gods. Nico thought. It's now or never.

Natasha stepped up before the demigods could speak. "As you know, the Greek and Roman gods are real. This whole incident started because Tony and Pepper were kidnapped by a Skolopendra, a type of sea monster sent by Keto, the mother of sea monsters and an x-goddess in a group of traitors and Loki trying to take over the world."

"Is Nemesis with them?" Fury asked before she could continue.

"No, Nemesis is not involved."

"Good." Fury nodded.

Nico wondered why he asked about Nemesis. Unless- but that wouldn't make any sense. If it were true, why would the gods say not to tell them about the camps?

"You said a group of godly traitors and Loki. What do you mean by and Loki?" Fury continued.

"Loki just happens to be a double agent in this situation." Clint said.

"At least we have a spy present in the group." Fury folded his hands behind his back. "And the tank?"

"Banner was the one who deployed it." Natasha explained. "We needed a way to get Tony and Pepper out of the danger zone and back to New York. So I called in a favor from some old friends who are Amazon truck drivers and they shipped Stark, Pepper, and the tank to the Tower safely."

"Were they were targeted?"

"No, but they would've had it covered if they were." Natasha stated simply. "They normally deliver weapons to places. And the van is in the top line of the Amazon vehicles, so it's as impossible to breach as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most secluded and classified base."

"Impressive for a corporation of its kind." Fury noted.

Nico had a feeling Fury didn't dish out compliments much, if at all, judging from the present Avengers reactions.

Even Captain America looked stunned until he cleared his throat and the awkwardness in the air. "So, is there anything else you need, sir? The next course of action?"