Chapter 17 (Percy Shouts Something Stupid)

Any Mortal Instruments fans?

Who's ready for Lady Midnight (or the Dark Artifices in general)?

Marvel Fans! Who's ready for the new Avengers movie?

(I know I'm ready for both)

On another note, I recommend that you check out my HQ, xXFishgirlXx's Novel of Story Ideas, Book Covers, and Randomness. Trust me, you won't regret it. If you haven't read CoHF, skip the second TMI idea.

It has many story ideas so far, I don't know how many of which are PJO/HOO, a bunch are my own original ideas, two or four others are Mortal Instruments (Warlock- pretty much create your own character) + other, I've got a few Marvel and X-Men ideas, one for Supernatural and one for A:TLA.

P͞͞e͞͞r͞͞c͞͞y͞͞

Percy rang the doorbell to the apartment. He felt bad about disappearing and he wasn't sure how he could possibly explain their situation with the Avengers to his mom or if he was even allowed to tell her that he had joined them.

His thoughts cleared as Sally opened the door. She smiled wrapped him in her arms. "Percy! You're home!"

Percy couldn't hide his grin as his mom let him in. "Hi, Mom. I'm glad to be back. Do you have the cookies?"

Paul laughed as he looked up from the stack of papers he was grading. "Of course she does, Percy. They're fresh out of the oven."

"Sweet." Percy couldn't stop smiling as he grabbed a couple from the kitchen and walked to his room. "I'm going to let Annabeth, Peter, and Nico in through the fire escape. They got splashed by a cab."

"Go on ahead." Paul waved a cookie and went back to grading papers. "Just clean up the mess if they're muddy."

"Okay." Percy opened the door to his room and opened the window. "Hey! You guys out there?"

"We're in here." Nico stepped our from one of the shadowy corners by the window in a black shirt and dark jeans. "Shadow travel, remember?"

"Then where're Annabeth and-" Percy started. Spidey, in costume, fell in front of Percy from the ceiling. "Hades' underpants!"

"I believe the underpants would be in the Underworld. Annabeth's in the bathroom." Nico smirked as Spidey rolled around on the floor laughing his head off.

"What's going-" Annabeth stepped into the bedroom in normal clothes. "Oh. Peter fell from the ceiling?"

"Yep." Nico said.

"And he gave Percy a heart attack?"

"Yep."

"I'm guessing Percy shouted something stupid."

"You guessed it."

"It wasn't stupid. He fell from the ceiling for crying out loud!" Percy said.

"That was too good! Your face!" Peter laughed.

Percy dropped some water on Spidey's head. "Who's laughing now?"

Spidey sputtered and yelped. "Cold water! Cold water!"

Percy laughed and ended up snorting a couple of times.

Än̈n̈äb̈ëẗḧ

Annabeth rolled her eyes at Percy's antics. He never ceased to make her laugh and have a good time. It was one of the things she loved about him.

"Go get dressed, Spidey." Annabeth threw the guys' bag of clothes to him.

"What? You're going to make me?" Peter teased.

"Nope. But the press will do the opposite." Annabeth pulled out her phone. (It was off, of course.)

"Okay! Okay! I'm going!" Spidey said and walked into the bathroom.

"Chiron wants us to come back to Camp. He says that this is a quest ordered by Zeus. I don't know why he sent us, but we need to visit Rachel for a prophecy." Nico said.

"Seriously? Another quest?" Percy questioned.

"Seems like it." Nico said. "He wants us to come as soon as we can."

"So, how about we head out tomorrow?" Annabeth suggested. "We'll be back by three and we can work on the essay for Paul's class."

"Oh, Styx! I forgot about that!" Percy shouted. "Paul's gonna kill me!"

"What's Percy screaming about this time?" Spidey's hair was wet and he had on normal clothes.

"An essay," Nico told him. "Thankfully, I don't have that problem."

"Oh, man, I forgot about that!" Peter exclaimed.

"And this is why I have to remember everything." Annabeth said.

"Dude, did you take a shower?" Percy asked, noticing Spidey's hair.

"Yeah, all that sweat from swinging through traffic really gets to you." He said then smirked and struck a pose. "Do you think I should have grabbed a towel for my hair?"

Sally came through the door with a tray as he posed and raised an eyebrow. "Wha- never mind." She smiled. "Who would like some blue cookies?"

"Yes!" Peter and Percy raced towards Sally, grabbed about ten cookies each and started stuffing their faces.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and, along with Nico, walked towards Sally and took a couple cookies.

"Thanks, Sally." Annabeth said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Jackson." Nico told her.

F̉ủr̉ỷ

Nick was walking through the halls of the Hellicarrier thinking about how he could best defend S.H.I.E.L.D. against whatever threat came next when it started to get cold.

A faint hiss sounded through the air and he lost all control of his actions. He caught his reflection in the metal wall before everything went dark. His eyes were solid gold.