Chapter 2 (Annabeth's Reaction and Natasha's Secret)

A⃜n⃜n⃜a⃜b⃜e⃜t⃜h⃜

The door to Percy's room opened and Annabeth cut through the Iris message. She walked out of the bathroom, sat on the bed, and leaned against the wall. It could be so much worse right now, but it wasn't. She knew Percy and Nico were okay and that was enough. For now.

The door opened like she expected it to. She messed with the Yankees cap in her hand and looked up at a lady in a tight-fitting black suit.

"Hello," Annabeth said. She had a plan to get them out of this. And it would work. She was certain of that. "I suppose you're here to interrogate me. Is this about when Percy and I were kidnapped and taken across the country when we were twelve?"

"In a way, I suppose," the lady said. "I'm Agent Romanov and I am here to ask you a few questions. First off, who are you?"

"Annabeth Chase," She told her. "I'm from Virginia, originally. Now I go to a boarding school called Goode. But you probably already know that since you have a file with my name on it in your hand."

"You're even more intelligent than your file says." Natasha said. "I'll skip to the important part. What do you know about Percy Jackson?"

"Everything. I could probably tell you everything on his file and more," Annabeth told her. "If you showed me his file I could add to it and correct it."

"You think we have something wrong about him on his file?"

"If you had everything right, you wouldn't have felt the need to kidnap us."

"I'll speak to my superiors and then we'll see about it." Natasha went to the door but before she opened it, Annabeth spoke.

"Do you think I could talk to Percy and Nico? I want to make sure they're okay. Nico almost died back there."

Natasha turned around. "We'll see. What is it with this Nico kid anyway? Why did he almost die?"

"He used to be able to raise the dead with just a snap of his fingers. Then he was kidnapped a few months ago and his powers haven't been the same since. Now, anytime he summons something, he starts to turn into a shadow. If he turns into a shadow, he'll die."

"Perhaps you would make a valuable asset to S.H.I.E.L.D in the future." Natasha said as she exited the room.

Annabeth's plan went out of the window.

N̠a̠t̠a̠s̠h̠a̠

Annabeth was different from most girls her age. Natasha noticed she didn't wear any makeup- not that there was anything wrong with it- and she had quite a few qualities that are normally found in SHIELD recruits. She had the brains, the strength, the diplomacy, and the ability to kick butt at any given moment.

The kids were telling the truth- they weren't terrorists. And how did Natasha know that they weren't terrorists? You didn't need truth serum to figure that out. After all, she used to be an Amazon- so it was easy. They were demigods.

*End Chapter*

ᗩ/ᑎ what do you think?

Good plot twist?

Oh, by the way, they still don't know that Leo is alive.