12

Regina arrived home after her day with Carla, entering the large mansion with all her shopping bags. A maid was stood by the door as she waited for the brunette to give her the bags.

"I shall take them to your room for you, ma'am" Britney said with a polite smile, holding her hands out for the multiple bags.

"Thank you. Who is in the house other than staff" Regina asked, hoping her husband wasn't home yet.

"Just Emma, ma'am. She's in the basement" Britney replied as she took the bags from the brunette.

"Thank you" Regina said with a formal smile, walking down the hallway. She headed towards the basement door and opened it, heading down the long set of spiral stairs until she reached the bar door. As she opened it, she saw Emma doing a shot with one of the maids. "Out, Bunny"

"Regina, what are you doing" Emma asked with a confused look, not expecting to see the woman.

"I wasn't talking to you, Swan. Bunny, get out" Regina ordered in a stern voice, even holding the door open for her.

The maid looked confused at Emma before heading out the door, knowing to do as the woman of the house said. Emma frowned as she looked at the brunette, unsure what just happened. Regina walked over to the bar while taking her sun hat and gloves off, placing them on the counter.

"What do you want" Emma asked with a confused look, still not sure why the brunette was there.

"Scotch on the rocks, thanks" Regina replied with a small smile, sitting down on the stool.

"No, why are you here and kicking Bunny out" Emma asked in annoyance, sighing at the brunettes response.

"We are going to sit and talk like normal people" Regina softly replied, reaching to grab a glass for her drink.

"Didn't we try this" Emma sighed, handing the woman a bottle of scotch.

"Yes and it ended with us angry so we are trying again" Regina said with a small chuckle, finishing her drink. Emma just poured another shot and threw it back, not even flinching at the taste. Regina took a sip and smiled at the taste, catching Emma's attention. "What are you looking at"

"Nothing, sorry. Go ahead" Emma quickly said, looking away as she knew she was caught. Regina giggled in that perfect laugh she does, her smile on full display. "Don't do that"

"Do what"

"Laugh and smile like that, you can't do that"

"And why not" Regina asked with a laugh, taking a second sip of her drink. Emma just poured herself another shot and threw it back, not wanting to answer. "Oh, I see. Does it make you want to kiss me" Regina asked with a smirk, giving her usual wink to the woman.

"Just start" Emma said with a huff, not even looking at the brunette due to embarrassment.

"Alright. I know you have questions, ask them" Regina encouraged with a small smile, trying to look at the blondes face.

"Why did you marry my dad" Emma asked awkwardly, still feeling the cringe at those words.

"That's your first question?"

"Just answer"

"Sorry. I didn't get a say in it, my father just turned round one day and said you are getting married. I went for a visit to their house and your dad was there, they told me I was getting married to him that weekend. I wanted to protest but my dad... He's not the nicest person" Regina explained, knowing she fears her father and his power over her.

"You really didn't know?" Emma asked softly, looking up at the brunette a little surprised.

"No, I would have told them and tried to stop it if I knew" Regina replied, proving she truly didn't know by the way she looked.

"Have you and my dad ever... You know" Emma awkwardly asked, still not convinced she wants to know the answer.

"Oh my god, no!" Regina quickly said, looking as if the woman was crazy.

"Thank god" Emma sighed in relief, clenching her chest as she calmed down from the fear of getting a yes. Regina chuckled a little and had a large gulp of her drink, not liking the imagine in her head. "Did any part of you think about saying yes when I asked"

"Asked what?"

"To marry me"

"Honestly... If you hadn't looked both ways before going down on one knee, I would've said yes" Regina softly replied, remembering just how painful it was to say no. Emma looked down as she knew she didn't want either answer but needed it. "But if I had, it would have ended even worse for us. We may have had a life planned out but it would never actually happen because you were scared of either of our parents knowing you're gay. We would have had no life and you know that"

"We could of though, we would have found away" Emma said with an upset look on her face, feeling the painful reminder in her heart of that day.

"No, we couldn't. We wouldn't have been able to have a big wedding or kids because you would be scared of parents finding out. You also love your father, you wouldn't have kept his grandchild from him. I was done living a lie, I had come out and I was open but you couldn't even hold my hand in a country with people you didn't know. You promised me that trip would be magical, filled with romantic dinners, getting all dressed up, kisses in every beautiful place, photos that didn't look like we were best friends" Regina replied with a large sigh throughout, knowing she was right.

"I was going to come out, I was going to do it if you'd said yes"

"You wouldn't though, I know you, Emma, and I know you wouldn't be able to" Regina cut in, shaking her head in exhaustion of this. Emma just stayed quiet and took another shot, now starting to feel them in her head. Regina reached out and held the blondes hand, catching her attention instantly. "My turn, do you really hate me"

Emma just looked at her, a little shocked by the question. She thought about her answer, really thinking. As she looked up, she saw the sadness this conversation had brought Regina. Emma stood from her seat, stepped a little closer and placed her hands softly on the brunettes cheek. Regina looked confused but didn't dare move, knowing she missed a soft touch like Emma's. The blonde slowly leaned in and placed a soft kiss upon her ex girlfriends lips. Regina was shocked, she didn't expect that, but still leaned into the kiss. As Emma pulled away, she just looked into Regina's eyes.

"No, I don't hate you, not anymore at least. If anything, I hate that I don't hate you" Emma softly explained, knowing she couldn't lie to this woman.

"Do you still have feelings for me" Regina asked in a nervous voice, worried at what the answer will be.

Before Emma could answer, the sound of footsteps come down the basement stairs was heard. The maids new not to disturb when they were talking, it must be John. Emma quickly moved away and sat back on the stool, pouring another shot. As John walked in, Regina chuckled back the rest of her scotch the same time Emma done her shot.

"Well look at you two getting along" John said with a smile, walking towards them more.

"Hi, dad" Emma said with a smile, holding her arm out so he hugged her instead of Regina.

"Hi! I actually have a surprise for you Emma, come up and see" John said happily, gesturing for her to follow.

"It's not like the last, is it? Your idea of a surprise is a date" Emma asked with a laugh, hating she wasn't actually joking.

"No, it's a good surprise" John replied, laughing along side his daughter.

Regina watched them out, seeing the way Emma laughed and smiled. She reached up and touched her lips, still feeling Emma's there. She let out a sigh as she rubbed her exhaustion eyes.

"Well Carla was wrong, it's going to take less than two months before I fall back in love with her" Regina sighed, fearing what is to come from her and Emma now.