26

The next day came around, Regina and Carla were sat in a cafe with a hot drink each.

"Juliana Rossellini? How did Emma manage to meet her" Carla asked in shock, knowing of the model very well.

"I have no idea but how can I compete with with her, she's a gorgeous model and I'm just me" Regina sighed, leaning against her seat in exhaustion.

"You're not just you, you're the girl Emma has loved since she was 15" Carla quickly said, sitting up more to encourage the brunette.

"You didn't see the way she looked at her though" Regina replied with a sad look upon her face, lifting her coffee to sip. She let out a large sigh and looked into the cup. "I know asking someone to wait for 3 or 4 years but it's Emma, I genuinely thought she'd wait"

"Oh, Gina, you can't give up"

"What can I do?"

"I don't know, take to her" Carla replied, not know how to help her best friend. Regina just sighed and drunk her coffee, unaware of what to do. She knew her leaving would effect her relationship with Emma but she didn't imagine this. "Where are you staying now"

"With John. He's so kind to let me stay with him until I get my parents house back but he said that Emma and Juliana are coming for dinner tonight" Regina replied with another sigh, knowing she was feeling sorry for herself.

"Oooo that's not going to be good" Carla said with a nervous tone, seeing the pain in the brunettes eyes.

"I have to get going soon, I wouldn't want to be late for dinner. Besides, you're husband will be here soon and I don't need a happy couple reminding me" Regina said in a tired voice, standing up from her spot.

"Well, like I've said, you're welcome to stay at mine if you need" Carla offered, smiling a little as she stood up as well.

"And I told you I couldn't impose like that, you don't have enough room for me with the two little ones and third on the way" Regina replied with a chuckle, pulling her best friend into her arms.

"The offer is always there, we'd make room" Carla giggled, giving the brunette a squeeze before pulling away.

"Thank you, dear, I'll bare it in mind"

"Yes, do. I'll see you soon, Regina"

The brunette gave a wave and a smile, heading towards the exit. She climbed into her car and began driving towards the mansion. It seemed weird to drive along these streets, she'd missed being home. Regina arrived at the mansion and parked her car up, seeing Emma's car already there. Regina began thinking to herself, remembering that she had never actually seen their forever house completely done; she left before she saw it. She grumbled at the thought of Emma now living with her new girlfriend in their house. She knocked on the door and waited, soon being greeted by one of the maids.

"Hello, ma'am" Britney said with a polite smile, gesturing for the woman to entre.

"Thank you" Regina replied with a half smile as she walked past the woman. As Regina walked down the hall and turned a corner, she went straight into someone. "Oh, sorry... Juliana Rossellini? I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you"

"It's ok, mi dulce. Who are you though" Juliana asked with a confused face, looking down at the brunette.

"I'm Regina"

"Name doesn't ring a bell"

"Really, she didn't tell you about me at all?" Regina questioned, feeling hurt by the thought of being forgotten.

"No, should she" Juliana asked in her strong accent, still looking down at the much shorter woman.

"I'm her ex" Regina replied nervously, unsure whether she was meant to say that or not.