25

4 years later
A party was being hosted at Johnathon Swan's house, a work party to celebrate a big achievement. Regina arrived at the party a little late, she had only just arrived in LA a few hours ago. She walked around a little before finally noticing John, smiling as she approached.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes? You didn't tell me you were coming" John said in shock, smiling as he embraced the woman in a warm hug.

"I wanted to surprise you all, I know I'm a year late but I'm back" Regina said with a chuckle, pulling away to look at the man.

"We've hardly heard from you since you said your contract was extended a year" John questioned with a slight sad face, not liking that part.

"I know, I've been trying but I've been really busy and I'm sorry. Where's Emma, I've missed her" Regina asked with a giggle, turning to look round for the blonde.

As she glanced, she caught sight of Emma kissing a woman. They had their arms round each other as they smiled out of the kiss. The woman was a gorgeous, 6ft tall, supermodel with long blonde hair and legs higher than Regina. Emma bit her lip as she whispered something in the woman's ear, causing them both to giggle. She looked to see the person she was talking too, catching a small glimpse of Regina. Her head then snapped over, looking in pure shock to see the brunette. The pair locked eyes in shock, neither expecting to see what they were.

"Em, what are you looking at" Juliana asked in a strong hispanic tone, resting her arm on the blondes shoulder.

"What? Oh, nothing, I thought I saw something" Emma brushed off quickly, turning to look back at the model.

Regina had felt her heart in her stomach. She quickly looked back at John, showing on her face she was in shock. He looked a little confused before finally realising what was going on.

"She didn't tell you" John softly asked, placing his hand on the woman's shoulder for her attention.

"No, I had no idea. I need to get some air, I'm sorry" Regina quickly replied, feeling her whole body tensing around her.

"Here, I'll come with you" John offered, leading the way towards the front door. The pair stepped outside and down the stairs where it was quiet. "I'm sorry, I genuinely thought you knew"

"So they're dating" Regina asked in an almost hurt tone, thinking about how flawless the model was.

"Yeah, awhile now actually" John awkwardly replied, having thought the brunette was aware.

Regina sighed as she rubbed her eyes, knowing she didn't expect that of all things. John rubbed her back softly in hope to sooth her. He then felt someone tap his shoulder, causing him to look round at his daughter stood there.

"Dad, can you give us a minute please" Emma softly said, catching the attention of the brunette in front of her. John gave a polite nod and walked back up the stairs, going back into the mansion. Emma stepped a little closer, still in shock to actually see the brunette stood there. "What are you doing here"

"What do you mean, I told you I'd be back" Regina questioned in a slightly annoyed tone, not likiypg how the blonde spoke.

"I didn't believe you'd be back in 3 years and then when you called and said you're staying another year, of course I lost hope you'd ever actually come home" Emma admitted with a huff to her tone, not sure if she was angry at herself or the brunette.

"I told you I would"

"Well you're not exactly the most reliable  person"

"Excuse me" Regina snapped in anger, feeling hurt by the words just said.

"You always run, you have since you were young. How could I not think you'd run this time" Emma sighed dramatically, looking at the brunette like she's crazy to disagree.

"Well it's good to see what you truly think of me" Regina said in a soft but stern voice, glaring into the blondes eyes.

"I'm sorry... I just didn't think I'd ever see you again so I moved on" Emma softly explained, realising she has hurt the woman.

Regina just sat down in a small bench beside the stairs, rubbing her eyes in stress. Emma sat beside her as rubbed her back softly, missing the feeling of Regina's skin on her finger tips. The brunette looked up and opened her arms to hug the other woman, both embracing each other.

"Well, I missed you lots" Regina whispered, taking in a large breath to inhale the vanilla scent she had craved so long.

"I missed you too. It was so much hard this time because I didn't hate you" Emma sighed her response, refusing to release her grip.

They just sat there for a few seconds or so, taking in the other. As Regina softly pulled away, she moved her hand to Emma's cheek and kissed her softly. The blonde was shock but didn't move from the touch she missed, knowing it was most likely a goodbye kids. As Regina pulled away, she eliminated any touching between their bodies and stood to her feet.

"I best get going, I need to find a hotel to stay in" Regina softly said, walking towards her parked car on the long drive way.

"You don't have anywhere to stay?"

"I was planning to stay with you of course but now I couldn't impose"

"I'd offer you to stay with me but our spare room is being redecorated. I know dad wouldn't mind you staying here as long as you need" Emma explained her offer, gesturing towards the mansion.

"I couldn't impose on John like that" Regina said with slight shock, knowing she wishes to never be a burden on the Swan man again.

"He won't mind, I know he'd like the company" Emma chuckled, insisting on the woman staying.

"Thank you" Regina said with a large smile, happy she won't be staying in a hotel.

"I better get back inside, Juliana will be wondering where I am"  Emma said with an awkward giggle, looking towards the front door.

"Wait, Juliana? As in Juliana Rossellini, the most famous and gorgeous model to ever walk the Latino cat walk. Not to mention, the most recent Miss Universe winner" Regina questioned in pure shock, knowing she couldn't tell who it was from a distance.

"Yeah, that's her"

"Whoa... That's impressive"

"Thanks" Emma said with a laugh, not noticing the heartbreak in the brunettes eyes. She walked towards the stairs and glanced over, seeing Regina still stood there. "You not coming in"

"I'll be about 2 minutes" Regina replied with a small smile, turning to look at her car.

Emma continued up the stairs and entered the house. As the sound of the door closing was heard, Regina placed her hand over her mouth as she let out a cry. Tears fighting to get out but she refused to let anyone know she wanted to cry. She just held her hand over her mouth to limit the loud noise that would leave the woman. The pain she felt was all over her body, feeling as if a heart was breaking in every inch of her body. She knew she couldn't compete with a woman who looks like Juliana Rossellini.