20

I watched, stock still, as the being before me took on a haunting atmosphere. The glow of his optics in the darkness and the glint of his sharp claws poised, ready to strike at any moment. I felt a shiver run down my spine as my hands began to sweat and my legs shook. Its finally happening. My brain is finally processing him as a potential threat.

Standing, I looked the other way and checked my watch. 2:03, well that's fairly late. Clearing my throat and brushing off my clothing I glanced back up at the Decepticon, only to see him a yard away and watching me with a malevolent grin. I took a shocked step back, "U-Um, I believe it's time for me to return! Its late and I don't wish to keep you any longer. Not that... I don't like our talks." My strained smile made his optics narrow, but he swiftly plucked me from my feet and cupped me in his clutches.

"Fine. But I'm walking you there."

I couldn't argue as he walked down the corridors of the Nemesis. Hell, I could hardly speak at all.

Did he really kill them?

The thought kept running across my mind like a thick syrup, so hard not to get stuck in.

I mean... Killing people you've been friends and partners with for years? How does someone even do that. How can you live with that guilt, those memories?

Curling in on myself, it was like the metal claws lost all their warmth. Their cold silver coiling around my mind as I could almost picture them, stabbing through the backs and slashing through the neck cables of comrades beside him.

The red hot glow of his gaze warmed my back, making my skin crawl as if at any moment he would clench those sharp claws and crush the life out of me. What is happening to me? How could I lose trust in the same being I was crying with moments ago? I feel like I'm losing my mind. The anxiety I had shoved so deep in the darkest corners of my mind was now rearing its ugly head and choking the life out of me from the inside out. My body shook lightly, as I tried to contain myself so that Starscream wouldn't notice that something was wrong.

Starscream would do anything for power... Maybe he was ordered to do it? What if they chose to be Autobots, then he would have had to fight them?

As my mind started creating any scenario and excuse that I could to explain why he would kill them, Starscream slowed to a stop and stepped through the large door of the medbay. I could see the dimmed lights of the room through his digits and let out a small sigh of relief, glad to be back where its safe.

I could hear the shifting and steps of heavy metal, so I assumed that Breakdown was up and about. Most likely cleaning supplies from an earlier patient. Its become apparent that most of the vehicons that come through here only have minor damage or major damage too big to repair, so Kockout usually dismantles those bots for spare parts. Its like if someone was in serious trouble and on their death bed getting asked to sign a waiver stating that they'll donate their body parts to those who need them. Except Knockout has permission from Lord Megatron so he doesn't need to ask for individual consent...

The metal ground I was sitting on shifted quickly as I was dumped onto the closest desk. After landing on my side, I quickly sent a fiery glare at the silver mech as he passed by me, leaving innocently without a second glance in my direction.

"Well fuck you too shiny, I didnt like your servo anyway" I muttered

After straightening myself out, I speed walked over in the direction I could hear Breakdown and used some wires at the edge of the desk to swing down to the floor. I was still having trouble admitting to myself that it was really possible Starscream killed him partners out of cold blood, just for the chance to gain rank.

When Breakdown was in sight, I ran to him and jumped onto his pede. His whole frame shivered and he jumped, almost shaking me off him. "Breakdown!"

His head swivelled down. "Brynn, what in the pits are you doing up?" He reached down and picked me up when I put my arms up in a grabby motion. Break brought me up onto his shoulder and I yawned. "Can you walk me back to my area?" I said while leaning onto his neck cables.

Giving a silent nod, he walked over with his slow but steady steps. When he placed me down by my bed I looked back up at him. "Starscream said some things that worried me..."

Breakdown leaned closer to my level. "Okay, like what?"

"Well... Do you think... Would Megatron ever order an assassination on his own men?" I whispered.

He seemed taken a back by the question, shifting in place and leaning onto the table.

"I dont know, maybe... I think it's happened before, when bots can't follow orders or hide things from him. Sometimes, and this doesnt happen often, a Decepticon will switch sides in the war and be used as a spy for the Autobots. Why do you ask?"

I looked out infront of me, processing the new information.

"Scream said he used to have partners in the energon seekers but they didn't make it long in the war. He said... And I quote, 'sometimes you need to break a few eggs and it just so happens that they were my eggs'. " looking back up at Breakdown, his mouth was in a thin line as he looked down at me.

"I'm not sure squishy... We've all had to do things we didn't want to or regret doing to get where we are today. Starscream has always been one to scratch and claw at power as long as I've known him. Maybe Megatron promised him a position, or they were losing faith in the cause. It doesn't matter. Dont think too much about it, kid. Just get some sleep." With that, he walked back into the other room. The door slid shut and the lights were turned off automatically.

With a heavy sigh and a heavier mind, I slid into my bed and held onto my pillow. The darkness surrounded me with a silence that left only room for thought I didnt want anything to do with. Reaching over the edge, I grabbed my earbuds and turned on my playlist to help me sleep. Hopefully things will make sense in the morning.