14

Recently, I've been hearing talk on the ship about a rogue deception femme. I think they called her Airachnid. There were whispers of the things shes done to other bots and to be completely honest, its kinda scary. I asked Knockout if he ever knee her and he told me, "I met her earlier in the war, we didn't talk much though. Shes a sadistic one, that's for sure. I may like dismantling things but she would butcher anyone she got her claws on. If she truly is on Earth, your not leaving our sites anytime soon. Who knows what she would do if she found you?"

For about a week, I've been asking the vehicons to walk me around the ship. Despite what I originally thought about their quiet nature, they can have pretty lively conversations. I asked one, I think his name was 5T3V3, why I've never heard them talk much before and he told me it was due to the difference in rank. He said since they're simply soldiers that can easily be mass produced, they weren't allowed much place to speak. It was regarded as dishonorable to speak in front of the Warlord himself, and it was only allowed when confirming an order. I questioned why anyone should be treated like that just because of their position, but he just brushed me off saying it wasn't something a human would understand.

I was sitting on Soundwave's shoulder, using one hand to hold his neck cables for stability. Soundwave doesn't talk, but he's a great listener. "So Wave, who exactly is this Airachnid con I've been hearing about? Is she really that bad?" His visor tilted towards me as he walked, his long strides creating a calming rhythm. An image and files started to show on the screen, a sharp looking femme with many legs, almost like spider legs. An audio file started playing and I heard the voice of a woman. She was giving a report on a failed interrogation attempt. "Arcee couldn't give me the location of the autobots, even after I tortured her and killed her partner to pry it out of her. A team of autobots stormed us and she got away. I left her with enough wounds to last a life time, so I don't think she'll be seen on the field anytime soon." Her voice was cold, showing no regret for her admission to murder. She almost sounded proud. I shivered and held on a little tighter. One of Soundwave's extensions reached up and pet my head gently. I smiled and pat his shoulder with my free hand. "Thanks Soundwave, I'm fine. Its just a little worrisome that shes rogue and on Earth. Would she really hurt me?" He stayed silent for a long moment before giving a single sharp nod.

I sighed and leaned against his neck. How could I be in danger with all of them around me? Soundwave would always make sure I was in his sights, Knockout would protect me from anything like a big brother, Starscream on his good days would try to entertain me, and Megatron was like this quiet force of nature looming over me ready to stop at nothing for my safety. Its strange that I think of then this way, isn't it. I mean, they're trying to take over the world as I know it. I think my problem is that I don't have anything on this world worth fighting for. Ive found my family here, even if I take my place in it as their pet.

I smiled at that thought, pressing my face closer to the TICs cables. I may just be their pet, but I'm the damn best pet any of them have ever had, and I like it that way. I may not have known them before, but the vehicons tell me they've each changed a little. Knockout has become less sadistic even by a bit. They say sometimes Soundwave will just stop working for a while and watch over me through the monitors. Even Starscream has been less loud and demanding after hanging around with me. Some vehicons even see Megatron smile while listening or watching me. And they said it wasn't a malicious or devious smile, just a small, simple, joyful smile.

I'm glad I make am impact on them, even a small one. I look up at Wave again and put a hand near his visor. He looks down and I smile. "I'm glad you guys found me." He just stared at me and slowed to a stop. He held up a digit and placed it on his chassis over his spark before moving it and placing it gently over my heart. I placed my hand over his digit and we just sat there, staring at one another.