07

For the first time ever, after being on the Nemesis for about 2 weeks, Knockout got the clear from Megatron to take me on a scouting mission with him. I was so excited, rocking on the balls of my feet in anticipation as I stood on the surgical berth in the med bay. Knockout gave me a scan and a quick injection of who knows what for research purposes that had to be fulfilled for me to be useful to the Decepticons. He watched me in amusement as I bounced off the berth and onto his servos, my hair flying around me. I reached up and pulled some strands behind my ear, smiling up at him. "So when are we leaving? I wanna goooo~" I whined. I hadnt left the nemesis since being taken by Knockout but it hasn't been unpleasant at all. Hey watched over me, gave me protection and companionship while also providing knowledge and nuerishment. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had a family.

Knockout walked across the room with me and put away the tools he used on me. "We leave soon, don't worry I just had to get your procedures out of the way before you left the ship. " I sat down and hummed a tune I couldn't quite remember. As we waiting for the orders to leave, I fiddled with the stuff in a box of human junk that Starscream had suddenly brought me yesterday. He obviously acted as though it was a huge honor to receive such a gift from him, but in private he also apologized for his behavior when we had initially met. I pulled out an iPod and smiled softly. I also plugged in a pair of old headphones from the box and turned on a random playlist. I didn't mind that I couldn't remember any of the names of the songs that played, but enjoyed the comfort of music instead. I found a little pen in the box and a sketchpad with some missing pages, obviously used but still very usable. I looked up at Knockout as he walked around the room, cleaning his tools or rearranging items. Since he wasn't looking I used the experience I gained from taking art class every year of high school and started to sketch him.

By the time it was finished and I was slipping the items back into the box for safe keeping, Starscream came on the com's and informed us both that it was time for the mission. Knockout scooped me up as a ground bridge opened before us both. He lifted me to his shoulder where i found a comfortable spot to sit and he stepped through. Immediately, i felt sick to my stomach and my head was spinning. "Ugh.. " I leaned onto his neck cables and held my head, pulling my feet to my chest. "You get used to it after a while Brynn" He chuckled as he began walking into a thick forest of tall pine trees, the soft needles cushioning his heavy ped steps and making us almost silent, apart from the shifting sounds of his metal plates. Looking around it finally dawned on me I didn't really know what we were here for. "Hey doc, what're we scouting for anyway? " I asked quietly while drumming my fingers on his cables subconsciously. Knockout stopped and gave me a sideways glare. "Could you stop that? Its distracting. And there was a signal here that suggested red energon may be sitting in a cave somewhere in the area. " I made a silent O and hen looked forward again, determined to help.

As Knockout stepped past a particularly bent tree, there was a flash of yellow and he stopped, holding a digit to his dermas to silence me. I looked around in confusion on high alert for any danger as he shifted his servo into a saw and readied himself. A loud snap and he spun around to find a tall yellow and black cybertronian, that I recognized as the one Knockout had beat up when I originally found him, with a blaster aimed and readied in front of us. A grin spread across my face as that famous hyper attitude and curiousity of mine started up again. I waved at him without an ounce of fear. "Hi! I know you, Knockout beat you up that one day! I'm Brynn. What's your name? " His doors, which looked more like wings how they sat on his back, shot up in surprise as he made strange beeping and whirling noises. I tilted my head to the side in confusion and hummed, "didn't quite catch that.." His weapon lowered and he waved an arm as he started beeping furiously at Knockout and he pointed at me. "It's none of your business you nosy Autobot, she's a Decepticon by choice. " He grinned mischievously and brought out his saw "But you can't shoot because you may hurt the soft fleshy, you know how much Optimus would HATE that~" He laughed and dove at the muscly Autobot while I squeaked, clutching his cables and plating and praying not to fall.

The yellow Autobot dodged and changed his gun back to his servo, quickly nailing Knockout in the chastis, making him stumble to the side and growl in frustration. He spun around and swung his blade at the bots head, scratching his cheek as he tried to duck. As he went down to escape the blade, Knockout swung his fist and collided with the bots gut, successfully knocking him to the ground. I gasped as I slipped from his shoulder and fell towards the ground. A large black servo shot out and grabbed me before I made it to the ground and I was pulled to a large yellow chastis and held to the bots spark chamber protectively. Knockout growled and held his spinning blade near the throat of the Autobot, his ped putting pressure on his leg as well. "Release her! " He barked as he brought the blade closer. I looked up to see big blue optics looking at me closely before everything shifted and he transformed around me, I screamed as I was sent flying into the back seat of the now yellow Camaro. I hit my head hard onto the back of the seats, sending me an instant headache as I groaned and curled in on myself. A seat belt shot out and wrapped around my torso as I heard his tires run and loud beeping along with a voice on the other end of the Autobot's com link "He had a what?! Sending a ground bridge now" A sigh left my lips as my consciousness faded out and I slipped into darkness.

•   ×   • A/N •   ×   •

Sorry about being gone so long, I couldn't think of anything to write. I got sudden inspiration after an all-nighter and had to write this for you readers out there. This chapter was over 1100 words, which I'm very proud of, I hope you enjoyed.