༻𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

In a moment of absolute distraction between the papers he was reading, Jungkook brushed his two fingers over his lips, not realizing the involuntary act. A flash of memory occupied his thoughts to when he had kissed her.

His parents and the Supreme Leader wanted everything to look real, even though many people already knew it was just baloney. No one believed the nonsensical tale that Lee Jieun worked as a spy for them and betrayed her people.

No matter how good of an actress she was, her eyes would always show the loyalty she had for Kawa. That made the anger take over. After he had felt the texture of her lips, the sensation had become embedded in his memory in such a way that he almost —

Finally noticing what he was thinking about this whole time and where his fingers were resting while doing so, Jungkook removed them to focus on his work. He had kissed softer lips before in his life.

There were knocks soon after, and he gave permission for the person to enter.

"General," Kim Seokjin, inside his very elegant suit, came through, wearing a scornful grin. "Or should I say, soon-husband-to-be?"

Jungkook glanced briefly up, not finding the joke funny. "It's too early for you to start pissing me off."

His friend chuckled, taking the seat in front of him. "Your mood hadn't been the same since the news. Not that you were the all-smile type of guy, I never knew it could get worse."

"I wonder why," Jungkook mused, eyes studying his papers.

"Come on. It can't be that bad," Seokjin beamed. "Guess where I just came from."

"No."

Seokjin rolled his eyes. His friend was no fun. "The Supreme Leader's office. He called everyone in the Office Palace for a meeting to discuss the more ways of public enlightenment."

"And you're telling me this, why?"

"Because somewhere during the meeting, your fiancée's name was mentioned."

Jungkook looked up.

"Apparently, I was right all along," Seokjin continued. "He wants her there soon as both of you are married."

The general bit his cheek, and the next moment, he let out a quiet, weak chuckle. "That will be interesting..."

"Cruel, but necessary," Seokjin smiled. "Don't be surprised if she attends the open interrogation next week. I heard your men captured other Kawa members?"

"We invaded the abandoned building in Hanam they were using to hide after the battle in Gyeonggi. There were forty-seven of them. Twelve escaped. They will hopefully be useful for us tomorrow."