༻𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Across the large rectangular wood table, Suho explained to his comrades about his next moves on the cities he wanted control before winter. Lee Jisu could no longer be part of the rebels who fought on the battlefield and had to settle with just watching it.

In the middle of the meeting, she got up and left the room. Now with Jieun gone, her hopes and wills had decreased a large percentage. She felt utterly useless. There was no reason in listening to any of this anymore.

Jisu stopped halfway down the hall, making sure to check both sides before carefully changing her paths to the fifth floor. The wood crackled beneath her shoes with every step, but luckily, no one seemed to be nearby. Mouth dry, stomach-lurching, she took out a single key from her pocket, silently inserting it into the keyhole.

The person lying almost jumped from the bed once the door was pushed, opening its mouth to exclaim. Jisu, in eyes-wide, immediately lifted her index finger to her lips, while closing and locking it.

"They can't find me here, Hyunjin," she whispered in an exasperated tone.

The boy's shoulder sagged, frowning. "Why not?"

"Because!"

"I'm not Indra's prisoner anymore. Why aren't you allowed to see me?" he asked as Jisu climbed onto his bed and sat on the edge.

"You're still a prisoner here..." she sighed. "Suho just made the exchange with them because I asked. That doesn't mean he wants any possible friendship between us."

"Does he think you'll help me escape?"

"Maybe," she shrugged. "I don't know what happened to him. When my father and sister commanded Kawa, they usually didn't keep prisoners for long."

Hyunjin breathed tiredly, flopping back on the mattress. "I've been locked in here for four months, Jisu, and they never asked me anything... isn't for information that these people capture others? How can I possibly be useful for them?"

"Well, your father is a colonel."

"So?"

"We don't know how far he'll go to have you back. Maybe that's why... and maybe that's what they are waiting for."

"Good point..." Hyunjin muttered, staring at the ceiling as Jisu watched him with a pitying frown between her brows.

Kawa had returned with Indra in full force, and she really hated how things were being handled. The way Suho was changing. He'd never get used to all the expectations on him. His figure called attention, and everyone always wanted to hear what he had to say or what he thought, which constantly fed him up, but contradicted with it because he knew his leadership was inevitable.