༻𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jungkook left the military base unhurriedly. On the way, he ran into Private Ayeon. She was the kind of young woman he'd like to have in his bed again someday but didn't stop to give her the deserved attention; it was late at night, he decided, and a long and hot shower was calling him.

The general crossed the gates, ready to get in his car when another one parked just behind his own.

"Jungkook!" his mother's voice came euphorically once she got out from the passenger seat. "Jungkook! Please tell me you have seen Jieun!"

He retreated his step, raising his eyebrows, surprised to hear his mother using his fiancée's first name.

"She's not here... Not that I know of," he said. "What happened?"

Haeji paced towards him, letting out an annoyed breath. "I allowed her to explore the city during the evening. Now I can't find her anywhere. Not even Arya. What if she found a way to escape?! Oh, Lord, when your father learns about this — worse! When the Supreme Leader —"

"Mother!" Jungkook cut her off. The woman went quiet as her son leaned to peck on her forehead. "Running away is not a smart option for her when we have her sister here... She'd have nowhere to go."

"I've been looking for her for a long time," explained Haeji helplessly.

Jungkook sighed, stepping back. "Maybe I have an idea where she is. I'll find her... Go back home and rest."

Haeji watched her son pull the handle and getting inside his car. The vehicle took off soon as he ordered the driver the location he wanted to be taken.

︱ 𝐖︱

All the chandeliers' lights were dimmed once Jungkook stepped inside the enormous library; although, it had enough windows to light the place well.

With hands in his pockets, Jungkook walked very calmly through the burgundy rug between the most reserved shelves, and it was not long before he found her. Jieun was sitting in one of the huge glass-windows, barefoot, not appearing to be concerned about getting the thin, green long dress dirty. Her hair was transformed into waterfall braids, and she had an open book in her lap, using the moonlight outside for her reading.

Jungkook stopped, not approaching her right away.

That woman, he thought, could change into so many different, intriguing personas. Despite the character she constantly needed to play for society, Jieun never gave herself up to insanity even when she still possessed the mind of a rebel leader, who had urges to keep standing up for the things she believed in.