༻𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞-𝐨𝐟𝐟༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

The office had turned completely dark when Suho threw himself on the couch in front of the small television. One of the first speeches Jin Kook made after creating Kawa still played non-stop. He kept on listening... and listening. It was a way to remind himself what he was in for.

"I eventually decided to understand the nature and potential of non-violent forms of struggles to undermine our current dictator," his voice sounded throughout the room. "I don't believe violence is the answer. It never was."

The leader stood up. He needed something strong.

"Strikes, prayers, economic boycotts, civil disobedience, protests are real alternatives to different types of weapons and military bombs. It is a combat technique. A substitute for war and other violent acts."

He reached for a bottle and a glass that was resting on the bookshelf and filled.

"However, today, the regime is trying to turn all the invidious of society into an isolated unit. They are calling us rebels, creating walls, gates, barriers because this is one of the main methods that a totalitarian system tries to control the population. They make everyone fear each other, be afraid to speak up, and act together. You'll never be able to tell neighbors or family members what you really think of the government and that's why we need to fight to stay here. Outside."

The glass was filled again — one long sip, then another.

"We can't let them turn our country into a prison! Let's remember that extreme repression comes when a dictatorship gets frightened. That's what's been happening today. They are frightened of us. We certainly cannot expect miracles, but we can —"

"Fight for them," Suho's voice spoke under Jin Kook's. The speech ended with applause before the screen turned black and silence filled the office again. "Miracles," he scoffed, dismissing the glass, taking the whole bottle with him to the desk.

There were knocks. "Suho."

"Come in."

The door opened and Kahi came through, shooting him a disapproving look. "Really? It's nine o'clock in the morning."

"Leave me alone," Suho mumbled, lifting the bottle up to his mouth. He swallowed and grimaced, studying the brand. "Damn... we should stop buying the cheap ones."

"Or we should stop buying them altogether."

The leader huffed, flopping down on the chair behind his desk. "What do you want?"

"Captain Kam Shing called last night."

His eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were sleeping," she explained, approaching his desk. "He's calling again around six, but the message was just to inform you that he's releasing two more Fokkers and one F-16 to Iksan in two days."