༻𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jungkook stood out on the balcony at the back of his parent's living room that overlooked the gardens below. He didn't mind the chill at all. It was better than the growing heat from the guests inside.

The night had gone smoother than he thought. The engagement was official. The photos were taken. And their wedding had a date; only three months of waiting. Things were going exactly the way the Supreme Leader wanted.

Darkness covered everything in sight, making the moon look brighter than it already was. Jungkook tried not to smirk as he looked down at Jieun on the first floor as she enjoyed a drink by herself.

There was no need to deny it anymore. The rebel looked extremely attractive in that dress; or any dress that his mother would put her in. It never really mattered which one.

Admitting that she was a beautiful woman, perhaps could be his first mistake. For a moment, the general thought about going down the stairs and join the silence with her, when he heard a pair of feet shuffling behind him. Without turning, he waited for the person to approach.

"Getting some fresh air, General?"

Jungkook took his wine lazily up to his mouth to take a sip. "I was in need."

The blond man leaned over the balcony, mirroring his pose. "I hate these kinds of parties, no offense since it's yours... but for me, it's just like any other event in fancy clothes. I have to drink just to keep up the energy."

"You liked the ones Kawa threw better?"

Jimin chuckled, sounding somewhat bitter as he nodded. "It's more joyful. I can't deny it."

"I see," Jungkook sighed. "Maybe you should switch the wine to beers again."

"It was a joke, General," he tasted his drink. "Don't take it so seriously.

"I never understand your jokes."

"Well, my cousin had warned me in the past about your lack of sense of humor. Although Rosé doesn't appreciate mine either, unlike the rest... You both are very similar to each other."

"And who exactly appreciates your funny little jokes, Park Jimin?" Jungkook questioned, feeling a touch suspicious of the other man's statements even if he didn't show it.

Jimin chuckled, his gaze shifting to the woman below. "Your fiancée for instance. She really loved my jokes... I could make her laugh for hours."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly, the words sinking in his head. He never wanted to know nor cared what Park Jimin did during his undercover in Kawa. All he wanted was all the information the spy could provide related to the war.