༻𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Jieun was so magnificently glorious that nothing but her attracted attention. The white tone of the pompous dress was almost as clear as any light that was on, thus the dark colors surrounding her helped to stand out the fabric even more.

The veil attached to a wishbone tiara with pearls held her long hair, which was down and turned into curls, freeing her from the straightness she normally had.

The expression Jieun carried was the coldest Jungkook had ever seen on her sculptural face, but that didn't diminish her beauty, on the contrary, it made her even more attractive. He liked the seriousness, the coldness, and the look of indifference she had.

Jungkook wanted to smile because, besides the hatred, he could also see the envy of many. For a moment, it didn't matter she was Lee Jieun, Kawa's former leader – the rebel he despised. It didn't matter. She was the most beautiful woman in that room, and everyone would know she belonged to him.

It was only when she stopped in front of him that he was able to tear his eyes away from her dark ones, realizing that it was the Supreme Leader who had carried her across the rug.

Jungkook just shot him a quick, empty look in response. Sighing deeply, he offered his arm, watching how she hesitated for a few seconds, but before he could even worry about it, she raised her hand to accept it.

Both turned and went up to the last step that was left to face the judge of the ceremony. Doing that, Jieun's hand slid away from Jungkook's as if she'd been wishing for it since the first minute.

He wanted to tell her that she should avoid showing her contempt for him during those few hours but was prevented by the judge. The romantic poetic speech was removed from the agenda, and everything that was announced by the old man's mouth was nothing more than marriage laws and matters about the Jeon family.

It was long. Especially when the names of the most significant couples in the history of the family started to be mentioned and their wonderful achievements for the country just to serve as an example for Jungkook and Jieun.

They turned to each other when it was time to exchange rings and to make vows. For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. Until death do them apart. Eye contact was avoided by both. Deep down, everyone there knew they were false promises and empty words.

Then, Gi Jong took the position of the minister to make the final declaration of "happily ever after," ending the ceremony.

Jieun's eyes raised to Jungkook's face, feeling the same old shivers when she felt it was time for physical contact. She didn't turn, didn't protest, or made signs that she was going to run from it.

Jungkook stared at her momentarily before lifting his right hand to hold her cheek. He blinked slowly, both closing their eyes once he leaned. Jieun didn't feel the forceful demand from before. Jungkook just brushed his lips on hers for a handful of seconds before catching her bottom lip. Her heart raced instantly, wanting for this to be over as soon as possible.