THIRTY THREE

𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 for Mr Williams. He wanted to know about the knife, hoping the man has found out something about it. His gaze falls on the man who's seated in the back with opened books in front of him while he's studying the knife. Liam raises his brow. He didn't expect that the man would take it this seriously. Liam walks towards the man with his hands in his pockets.

Dorian frowns, paging through the one book before placing it to the side and opening another one again. He sighs loudly, rubbing his hand over his head. “Hey Liam. What brings you here?” he asks without looking at the Salvatore boy.
Liam stares at the books before picking one up about Greek Mythology. He scoffs shaking his head. “I just wanted to know how everything is going.”

“Well, so far I have found nothing on this knife. It's like before you gave it to me, it didn't exist,” Dorian says before adding, “Or it still doesn't exist.”
The man stands up walking over to the bookshelf. “Where did Stefan even get this?” he asks himself. Liam didn't know, but he was sure that is the knife Felix is after. The boy wonders what will happen when the man finds out the knife is gone.

“Why don't you call your mom and ask her?”

“Nah, I don't want to bother her with something like this, she just got engaged,” Liam informs the man and his eyes widen as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. “Lara is engaged?”

“I see I'm not the only one who's surprised about it.” He still not happy over it but there's nothing he can do. He will make up with his mom after he founds out what is so special about this knife that Felix wants so badly. “Yeah, well. I never thought your mom would ever remarry after your dad. They were so in love that I was pretty sure, nothing and no one could break them apart.”

“Yeah but it seems like death did. But anyway, Mr Williams when you do find out about the knife please tell me.”

The man nods and Liam leaves the library. The boy's phone goes off just before he leaves the library. He takes it out of his pocket to see his mom calling. She stopped calling a while ago which made him actually think she gave up. He stares at the phone, as it keeps vibrating in his hand. The call ends and the message pops up. He taps on it before placing the phone against his ear.

“Liam, I know you're mad, but you need to call me back. We need to talk about this. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. You have every right to question the person I am dating, but you also have to understand my side, okay? You're the most precious thing in my life, I can't lose you too, honey. Please, call me back.” He hates fighting with her. He puts his phone back in his pocket, telling himself that he'll call her when he's ready. She needs to realize herself what kind of man she's involved with.

The Salvatore boy enters the gym where Hope is busy tying her shoelaces. School is now officially over, and they had the gym to themselves now. Dr Saltzman allowed them to have the gym to themselves to train for a little bit. The girl stretches her arms out while Liam just stands at the door. His eyes sweep down her back to her feet before going back up to her auburn coloured hair.
“Don't stare. It's creepy,” the girl remarks.

Liam rolls his eyes, walking toward her. “Okay.” Liam says with a smirk. The girl grabs one of the sticks from the ground, and she throws it over at him. “Dr Saltzman said we can train for an hour, but then we'll have to share it with the cheerleading team since they'll also be practicing for the upcoming game.”

“Upcoming game?”

“Yeah, football game. We're playing against the Timberwolves again which means we'll get our asses beat again hut that's okay,” the girl tells him. Liam frowns, “So, why exactly do the cheerleaders need to practice? It's not like they're playing.”