THIRTY NINE

𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐗𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 from the day. She felt awful because of what happened today that she didn't want to see anyone, except for Liam. She just wanted him to hold her.
But first she needs to speak with Liam and apologize properly. They had finally gotten the knife back. Liam hasn't told her why the knife is so important to him. All she knows is that he brought it here, and she felt bad that Landon had to be the one who stole it.

At first, she didn't believe that he would steal it since she trusted him, she hates putting trust in people, and they backstab her. Maybe that's how Liam felt.

The girl stops at the entrance to the common room when she notices the group of friends seated in the common room, laughing and smiling in front of the fire. They were talking about what happened today. She doesn't know what happened, but she could guess by how dirty Gregg and Daniel was. It was an eventful day, it seems.
The girl could pick up how happy Liam was with his friends. 

Hope sighs, deciding to talk with him later. She makes her way up to her room, passing by the few students who seemed to have gotten a few souvenirs — bruises and black eyes from the game. It looks like the football game turned into a fight. It was going to happen one of these days.

The girl walks up the stairs, and she makes her way towards her room. Now, she has to take a bath first. The girl walks to her door, and she opens it.

“Hope.” The girl stops in her tracks, and she turns to see Liam making his way towards her. She was hoping to take a bath and prepare herself before she can talk with Liam. 

“Uh, hey Liam.” 

“Can we talk?” he asks her. Hope bites her lip before looking down at her dirty clothes. “Why don't you freshen up first? I'll be down in the common room, okay?” 
Hope nods before she walks into her room. She closes her door, placing her hand on her chest. Why did she suddenly feel so nervous?

Hope sighs, going over to her closet to take out some leggings and Liam's hoodie.
The girl walks out to go freshen up. 

✧・゚✧・゚✧

The girl walks down the steps towards the common room. The halls were empty, indicating that everyone was in their rooms. They had to be tired from the day. The common room was empty with only Liam sitting in front of the fireplace on a blanket. 

Hope walks towards him and she suddenly felt weird. She and Liam had a few fights before they started dating, but usually he would be the first one to apologize and fix things between them, mainly because it's his fault. 

This time it's her fault. Everything that has happened now is her fault. 
The girl takes a seat beside him. Her gaze is on the fire, as she tries to come up with a proper apology. She needed it to be sincere.

“It's okay.”
The Mikaelson girl looks up to her boyfriend with a frown. “What?”

“It's okay. I know you never intended for the knife to get stolen. I shouldn't have blamed you for it, I'm sorry,” Liam tells her. Hope raises her brow and she frowns. “But it sort of is my fault.”

“Well, you didn't think he'd actually steal it.”

But somehow she still felt guilty.

Liam reaches over, taking the girl's hand in his. “I brought the knife back after I found out that, that was the thing Felix was after. I didn't know what it was, though. I don't even know why he wanted it.”

The knife was a sort of relic. The dragon she fought today was desperate to get the knife. They need to figure out what's so special about it, though.

“You were so angry yesterday, I thought you'd never forgive me,” Hope says. Liam chuckles, wrapping his arm over her shoulder, pulling her into his side. The Mikaelson girl leans against him.

“I mean, I was pretty angry, but I would've gotten over it. I can't exactly be angry at you for too long.”

“Greg was right. You're whipped.”

Liam rolls his eyes with a slight smile. He places a kiss on her forehead. “Maybe I am.”

“Anyway, what happened at the game today? Did you guys fight?” Hope asks him. Liam chuckles to himself, “Lizzie punched Dana and that broke out a fight. I'm pretty sure everyone who was involved in the fight will get some sort of punishment.”

“Were you involved?”

“I sat out of this fight,” Liam tells her. “Good thing you did. Your face is too pretty to get messed up.”

Liam chuckles, rolling his eyes. The two snuggle up in front of the fire, enjoying the sound of firewood cracking. Being in each other's arms, enjoying the silence, is what the two of them needed.

“Liam. . .” Hope decides to break the silence. She has been thinking a lot about what Dr Saltzman had told her. “Hmm.”

“Do you think that I might one day become like my dad?”

“What?” He looks at her, and she lifts her head up. “What do you mean?”

“When we went to find Landon, my original plan was to kill Landon.” That surely surprised Liam, but he didn't say anything and let her just finish.
Hope takes his hand into hers.

“We sort of ran into a dragon who wanted to make to kill us, so I used the spell I was going to use on Landon, on her and got caught. Dr Saltzman found out what I planned to use it for and uh, well, he thinks I'm going to turn into my dad,” Hope says as she stares at their hands. She draws a circle on his palm, her gaze still on his hand.

“We learned that Landon didn't burn the bus...” Liam stares at his girlfriend as she keeps on drawing on his palm. He could sense she was troubled.

“If I hadn't trusted Landon, then none of this would've happened. I had put the whole school in danger and... and the conversation I had with Dr Saltzman keep replaying in my head. Am I going to end up like my dad? Will I become like him? Will my heart fill up with darkness?”

Liam's eyes softens as he stares at his girlfriend. He lifts the girl head, and he looks into her blue eyes. “Hey, Hope. You're not going to become like him. I may not have known him, but from what you've told me. He has done everything, so you would never end up like him.”

Hope bites her lip. “But what if one day I do?”

“I promise I won't let that happen. I'll be by your side, okay?” Hope nods and he pulls her into his embrace. He'll make sure to keep the darkness away.