ONE

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌'𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 trip. He did not expect to be driving through Mystic Falls towards the one place he swore to himself to never go near again. He looks over at his mom who's in the driver's seat. She had that smirk on her lips knowing he won't be able to get out of this one, no matter how hard he tries.

“Mom, why?” Liam whines. “Is it because I almost burned your boyfriend's hair off?” he asks. His mom was dating this new guy named Felix and Liam hated him the minute he met him. He's tried to sabotage their relationship for months now but nothing works. Whatever he does, they just get closer together.

“Partly yes. And you still have to apologize to Felix for that. I'm taking you to this school because I know for a fact you'll be safe,” she says. Liam rolls his eyes. “Mom, you promised that we'll never see this house again.”

“Honey, it's a school and you went here for three years—”

“Mom, Dad died in this town. That's the main reason why I've been avoiding Mystic Falls all these years,” Liam tells her. Lara glances over at her son as she takes a right turn.

“Honey, I know it's been hard for you but. . .but the only way you're going to be able to move on from this is if you face your demons,” Lara tells her son.

Liam huffs knowing she's right but he wasn't about to tell her that. “Mom, but why do I still need to go to school? I can control of my angel side and perfectly and I have to die to become a vampire mom. . .”

“Really? Then why was there a hole in your bedroom wall last week?” Lara asks. Ever since Stefan died it was like Liam lost control and he couldn't control himself. His dad was everything to him and losing him just tipped everything over the edge.

“Okay, fine. I'm not in full control yet but why specifically this school. You could've chosen any supernatural school in the world. But you had to choose the Salvatore school why?”

“Because it's your childhood house. The house you grew up in, honey. You know it better than anyone. I just want you to be safe, okay? Alaric assured me that. . .”

Liam rolls his eyes at his mom. She had nothing against Alaric, it's just that the man irritated him. He always carried himself as if he was the one person who knew everything when in reality her knew nothing. He still wonders how his mother was friends with the man.

“. . .this will be the safest place for you. And you still have your old room,” Lara jokes.

Liam looks at his mom obviously not finding the joke. The car stops in front of the school. It was dark which meant no one will see him and that's just what he was looking for.

The woman helps her son unload his his bags from the car. He looks at the entrance of the school to see a man standing there waiting for him. The smile on his face couldn't be any faker.

“Hi, Ms Salvatore. It's so good to see you again,” he says. Liam hated that his mom changed her name back to her maiden name after his father died. It just told ever man out there that she was available.

His gaze moves to Liam and the resemblance he shared with his father kind of scared him for a bit. “You must be Liam. . .Welcome to the—”

“No need to do that, Mr Williams. I've already been at this school and can I just say it still looks as crap—”

“Liam.” Lara warns her son. He gulps looking at the woman. Her iris started to turn to a light blue. “Sorry. What I meant to say was that it looks. . .good.”
Dorian nods his head at the boy.