SEVENTEEN

𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄  mirror inside his closet. He only had a pair of black dress pants and a black dress shirt on. Black may as well be his favourite colour. He didn't want to put on the suit his mother brought him because it just wasn't his style at all. He wants to be able to breathe in his clothes.

Liam looks up to his face and he scoffs. “Stefan Salvatore's son?” he asks himself. “You're seriously making me go to this, dad? I really hate any kind of fancy events where I have to dress up in a suit.”

There's only two reasons why he's even going. For his mom, to make her happy and for Hope: to finally be able to see her in dress. The latter wasn't as important as the first but it's a bonus for him.

Liam turns and grabs his blazer before leaving his room to go downstairs toward where the ball is being held. The boy walks down the hall just to spot Greg and Daniel chatting to each other. Liam didn't know why but the sight of Greg and Daniel in suits immediately made him laugh. He has seen them in literal rags but suits, it was something that he never thought he would she. It was actually comical to him.
“I never thought I would live to see you two in suits. Do you know comical it is?”

“Keep on laughing Salvatore. You look just as funny as we do.”

“I doubt it.” Penelope walks towards them in a black dress that fit her body perfectly. “Liam is rocking the whole black look. It's kind of hot,” Penelope says winking at Liam. He looks at the two his ego inflating. Maybe tonight won't be so bad at all.
“Penelope, you look ravishingly gorgeous,” Greg says pushing Liam out of the way, so he can stand next to Penelope. “Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?”

The girl turns and walks off. “That's Penelope for you,” Liam mumbles. She knows she's beautiful, no one has to tell her that.

The three boys walks towards the hall where the ball will be taking place. Liam actually liked the decorations everyone put up just for tonight. It wasn't a complete waste of time.
When they make it to the entrance of the room Liam smiles when he sees his mom standing there in a navy blue dress looking so beautiful. Maybe a bit too beautiful.

“Liam, honey. You look so handsome,” Lara says when her son stops in front of her. “You're already grown up. You're not my little boy anymore.” And here comes the waterworks.

“Mom, it's just a ball. No need to cry for me.” Lara waves him off dabbing under her eyes, so she doesn't cry. “Sorry sweetheart. You just look so much like your dad. I'm happy you came honey,” she whispers while the two boys stares at the two of them. Liam knew they were going to tease him for being a mommy's boy, but he didn't care. He would be a mommy's boy any time. “Sorry honey. I'll stop now.”

Lara smiles at her son, “Enjoy your night boys.”

She pushes the door open, and they walk in with Penelope. Inside the hall were people Liam didn't even know. There were some students from the school and then there were students from Mystic Falls High School. He didn't know why they were here. They didn't even know his dad.

“Connor and that bitch Dana is here,” Penelope mumbles when her gaze falls on them. “Who exactly let them in? They don't belong here?” Greg mumbles.

“Actually they do. It's open for the community. If they want to come, they can come,” Daniel tells them. He didn't want any trouble tonight, so he is just going to stay clear of them. “Yeah, he's right. Just steer clear of them. Don't talk to them and definitely don't look at them. I'm talking to you, Greg,” Liam tells his friend. “Okay fine. I won't mess with them. But they better not mess with me.”