TWENTY EIGHT

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 definitely not what Liam expected it to be at all. Everyone was so carefree that he started to contemplate if he should let Alaric do check up on his research again. The man did only write about Klaus but still, he needed to do his research. Liam smiles looking at Hope, who's laughing as Kol and Davina explains the trip they had to Egypt.

“I told Kol, no compelling anyone because I wanted it to be a vampire free weekend. It was nice, until this guy—is it a tourist?” Davina asks looking at her husband. “No. It was the tour guide.”
“Yeah, well he took us to this hotel, in Cairo. We thought it would be beautiful and luxurious since that is what we paid all that money for but unfortunately for us, it was anything but that. It was a crappy motel with one room and there was only a toilet and a bathroom sink, not even a bath,” Davina says causing Hope to chuckle.

“What kind of motel is that?”

“One hell of a cheap motel,” Rebekah tells her niece.

“But anyway, I couldn't stay in that motel, so we went to find out what happened. We found out that there was a mix-up. Our hotel room was given to a couple from Canada,” Davina informs them. “Kol suggested that he just compel a hotelier to let them stay at a better hotel but I said no. I wanted it to be a normal weekend. But that was until I saw the two rats.”

Kol chuckles looking at his wife. “I have never seen my wife jumping up so high for two small rats. I mean, she is a witch, she's supposed to be used to it.”

“Yes but those weren't normal rats. They were the size of small puppies. I immediately made Kol compel the guy at this hotel, I don't remember the name, but I just couldn't stay there.” Kol leans over kissing his wife's cheek. Davina blushes looking at the lot around the dining room table.
“See, if you use compulsion your whole life, it's kind of hard not use it in such situations.”

“She's right.” The baby monitor on the table goes on and Keelan sighs. “I'm going to go check up on Nik,” Keelan says, standing up from the table. Freya stands up following her wife, leaving Rebekah, Marcel, Kol, Davina and the two teenagers at the table.

“My dear niece, a few of us are going out tomorrow night so you and your boyfriend will be doing babysitting,” Kol says, taking a sip of the juice, his wife made him drink. Hope looks at Liam, and she nods her head, “We'd love to look after little Nik.” Kol glances at Liam, and he squints his eyes a bit. Liam frowns at the man. Why didn't he like him?

“Liam, how is your mother?”

Liam looks at the only blonde woman at the table, and he smiles. “She's good. She is currently in China with Felix. He's doing some business there.”

“That douche, god! Are they still together?” Kol asks and Liam nods his head. “I know right! You know him?”

“Yeah, we met them in Australia, a month ago,” Davina informs them. “I could see by that man's face that he was a dick. I mean, your mom could do so much better.” Davina nudges him with her elbow, giving him a look.
“What? It is true, my love.”
Kol looks at Davina before looking back at Liam. “You agree with me right?”

“Yeah, I do but I, unfortunately, don't have a say in her love life. She only sees the good side of that man, it's like she's blinded,” Liam tells Kol. Now they can finally talk and agree on something that has nothing to do about Hope. By how Hope described him, he thought the man would be nice and friendly but man was he wrong the first time. But at least now they are communicating even if it's about his mother's boyfriend.

“By love?”

“I don't even want to think about that,” Liam mumbles under his breath. “Have you tried to sabotage their relationship?” Kol asks the boy causing Rebekah to glare at him, “Kol!”

Kol looked innocently at his older sister. “What? It's only a question.” Rebekah rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to Liam. “Ignore him, Liam. Anyway, how is school.” And there on out, their conversation surrounded school, and Liam got to tell them about the parties he and his friends went to. It was like they were his family by how interested they were.
After dinner and a very long talk with Marcel and Kol about women, Hope and Liam finally got their alone time together on the balcony.

“My family loves you,” Hope comments snuggling up beside him on the couch. The view over the French Quarter was amazing. “I think even my uncle Kol, tolerates you now.” Liam chuckles looking down at her.

“That's only because we really started to communicate. And your family is really amazing. They are definitely not how Alaric described them to be,” Liam whispers and Hope chuckles. “Yeah, well, he only really met my dad, and he thought he knew the man. But he didn't.”
The Salvatore boy stares down at Hope. He didn't want to open old wounds, so all he did was kiss her forehead and watched the amazing view of the French Quarter from the couch on the balcony.

* * *

Liam turns his head and his nose suddenly smells strawberries, which caused the boy to frown and open his eyes. He looks at the brown coloured hair, frowning to himself. He was still half asleep, not understanding what was going on around him. Liam looks at the girl and his eyes widen when he realizes that Hope is now lying in bed beside him. His eyes widen and he looks around. It was still dark outside but that still didn't mean he wouldn't get killed. Liam looks at the door to see it's closed. He knew he came into the room alone or did he? He remembers the two of them snuggling on the balcony last night. The two of them went their separate ways around 11 pm. They couldn't have slept together because he would have definitely remembered that. So why is she in his bed? And who else knows she's in here?

Hope turns her body and smiles when she sees he is indeed awake. “Sorry. Did I wake you?” she asks him.

“Uh, not to be rude, since this is one of the dreams I've had for many nights now, but what are you doing in my bed?” Liam asks the girl, making sure to keep his voice down. “I couldn't sleep and it was cold in my room. I hope you don't mind if I sleep here.”

“Oh trust I do not mind. But the thing is I just don't want to die yet, you know,” Liam says causing Hope to chuckle. She shakes her head and scoots closer to him. “My aunt Rebekah already knows I'm here. She saw me sneaking in here and she even smirked. So, don't worry.” Liam didn't know what has gotten into the girl but this isn't the Hope who always blushes. He sighs, and lets her snuggle into him. He will be sure to wake her up before anyone else wakes up. He closes his eyes, wrapping his arms around her before letting sleep take over.