SIX

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 young Mikaelson who's seated in the back of the classroom. It has been three days since Hope and he had a moment. And it seems like the girl was ignoring him now.
He didn't blame her since he has been a dick to her.

Liam looks over at their magic teacher in front of the classroom. She was giving them the basics about the disillusionment spell. It was an easy spell if the person who was teaching them taught them right.

“In front of you are a salt barrier with a magical object inside it. You can't see it since it's hidden,” the woman says. Liam looks at the small salt circle. “If you do this spell correctly then you'll be free to go.”

Liam frowns looking at the woman. He wasn't a witch/warlock. How was he suppose to do this?
Liam looks over at Penelope who's already starting with the spell. He watches as the small circle breaks and a small golden globe is revealed.

Penelope smiles picking the globe up. She looks at Liam and sends him a wink. “Good luck,” she mouths. Liam rolls his eyes at the girl. She knew full well he can't do this. Liam glances back to see Hope Mikaelson already packing her stuff up.

Most of the witches were already done. Liam sighs focusing back on the circle in front of him.

Phasmatos Oculacs,” he chants the spell as he holds his hands over the small circle. He keeps on chanting the spell. The light pulps above him breaks. The small salt circle burns up without Liam's knowledge.

“Liam!”

A hand on his shoulder causes him to open his eyes and he frowns looking at his classmates who's standing against the walls. The look of fear were on their faces. He looks at Penelope who's behind him. “Liam?”

Liam looks at the teacher before he grabs his bag and runs out of the classroom. He didn't think using his powers would result in almost killing everyone in the class. The boy passes a few students in the hallway. He runs towards the stairs.

“Liam! Hey!”
The boy ignores Amara as he runs up to his room. Maybe his mom was right, he wasn't in control yet.
He slams his bedroom shut before throwing his bag to the ground.

The boy immediately grabs his phone and calls his mom. He knew she would be able to help him out. “Oh, hi honey.”

“Mom, it happened again.” The silence on the other end told him everything. “I'm going to orb over to you.” And before he knew it his mom was in his room standing in front of him.
He immediately embraces his mom and it's as if having his mom with him made everything right.
“It's okay, honey. I'm here.”

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Lara smiles as she lies beside her son. He still has not told her what exactly happened but she would wait all day if she had to. She looks down to see the boy's eyes closed. He was asleep just like when he was little. Whenever he had a nightmare he would come crawling over to her room to sleep beside her.

When Stefan was alive and they were still together, Liam would always crawl in between them making up a lie about having a nightmare. He was conniving at just four years old.
She sometimes missed Stefan a lot.

“You know, when I started practicing my magic I had difficulty too. I couldn't even orb correctly,” Lara tells her son as her hand runs through his hair.

“But you never almost killed someone. Twice.”

“Liam, you know that Ryan wasn't your fault. You just started to learn how to use it,” Lara defends him. “You keep saying that mom but I'm the one who burnt him in that fight,” Liam tells her. What he did haunted him for a while, the guy did survive and he didn't need skin surgery like he thought he would.

Lara sighs sitting up pushing him up with her. “Look here, Liam. What happened, happened. Ryan never blamed you for it and you should stop blaming yourself,” Lara scolds the boy. Everything has been hard for him lately.

“But mom, you didn't see the fear in their eyes. It's just a reminder that I'm different,” Liam whispers in a soft tone. “Liam, you have to start letting go of the past. It's your fear, not theirs.”

Liam groans before sighing. “Mom, do you miss Stefan, I mean, dad?”
He has gotten so use to calling his dd Stefan Salvatore that it felt foreign calling him dad.

Lara sighs nodding her head. “Yeah, a lot. He was my first love.”

“Do you miss him?” Lara asks him. Liam rolls his eyes. “For me to miss him I have to have known him,” Liam tells her. “Liam, you spend the first seven years of your life with him.”

“Yeah whatever.”

“You are starting to sound like your uncle Damon,” Lara whispers and Liam chuckles.
“Are you alright now?” Lara asks her son. Liam nods his head. “Good because I have to go now. Felix and I are going out for dinner later tonight.”

Liam rolls his eyes. “I thought I got rid of him already,” Liam mumbles looking at his mom. “You did at first but I guess I'm just irresistible.”

Liam fake gags and his mom slaps his arm. “I will get rid of hom sooner or later.” Lara kisses her son’s forehead just before orbing out of his room.
Whenever he needs his mom she'll be there for him no matter what.

Liam looks at the framed picture on his nightstand. It was of him and his dad. He missed someone who he does not even remember. Liam groans loudly falling back on his bed.
“When will my life start to be normal again?”

“Liam?”

The boy jumps up and practically runs to the door to hold it closed. He didn't need company now. “Uh, yeah?”
“Are you okay?” Amara asks on the other end.

“Uh, yeah. Just a bit tired.”

“Oh okay. We’re going to hang out at the Old Mill. If you want to join us, you can, okay.”
Liam nods his head and says, “Okay. I'm going to take a quick nap ans I'll see you guys there.”

“Okay. Be sure to bring booze.” Liam hears her footsteps walking off down the hall. He sighs leaning against the door. Everyone must have already heard of the mess he made in the classroom.

He was kind of afraid to leave his room now.

He rakes his hand through his hair and decides to just take the nap maybe when he wakes up he’ll be in an alternative universe where no one knows him.
He jumps onto and lies back closing his eyes.