THIRTY TWO

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 since he last saw his mom. She tried calling him multiple times, and he never answered, but she suddenly stopped. For some reason he wanted her to call him again, and maybe just maybe he would answer, just to hear her voice. He and his mom has had loads of fights but nothing as big as this.
Liam sighs leaning against the wall as he stares at the missed calls on his phone, all from his mom. She stopped calling an hour ago. The Salvatore boy pushes his hand into his pocket while twirling his phone in his hand. He's now waiting for Hope to finally decide to make it to her room.

He had just heard from Penelope that Dr Saltzman and Hope came back with two new recruits. One of the recruits is a wolf which he'll be Jed's minion just like the others. Liam didn't hate Jed, but he also didn't like him. It's just something irritating about the guy. Daniel would make a better Alpha than Jed, but the boy doesn't want anything to do with the wolves.

Liam looks down at the time on his phone, wondering if the girl will ever come to her room. She wouldn't go to class when the day is practically already over.

He lifts his head up to take a step toward the stairs when the top of a certain auburnette's head appears before her whole body comes into view. And it was as if Liam was seeing her for the first time in years. Hope was currently looking down at her phone, and he knew she would be looking for him. He did of course tell her that he would be back by the time she comes back.

He's actually happy to finally see his girl.

Hope looks up for a second before looking down before she does a double take, stopping dead in her tracks. Liam smirks, as her eyes widen. A smile forms on her lips before she runs toward him, into his arms. He hasn't been this happy to see anyone in a while. “Oh. . .” Liam really did miss his auburnette. Hope pulls away, and she kisses him, which caught him completely off guard, but he was definitely not complaining. He did wish she would have invited him in first before kissing him in the open like this.

He caresses her cheek to deepen the kiss, but she pulls away too quickly before opening her bedroom door, pulling him in. Maybe she did read his mind. Hope closes the door, and she pushes him against it before her lips found his again. Liam wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. His hand moves into her hair as he deepens the kiss. Her lips tasted like strawberry lip balm. The lip balm, only she uses.
Before he can get emerge into the kiss again, the girl pulled away too early for him.

“Oh God. I'm sorry I didn't mean to come on to you like that,” Hope apologizes pulling away from him. She places her finger on her lips, blushing a bit which was adorable to Liam.

“Oh, I'm definitely not complaining at all.”

“It's just really great to see you. I really missed you a lot,” Hope tells him and that just made his heart flutter for absolutely no reason at all. “I can see that. I missed you too.”
He pulls her toward him, into his arms.

“When did you get here?”

“About an hour ago, I think. But you and Dr Saltzman were taking forever to get here,” Liam says as she pulls him toward her bed.
“Well, I am sorry. Dr Saltzman wanted to stop at a café since we didn't exactly eat anything.”

“Okay then.” Liam leans over to caress the girl's cheek, and she smiles. He tries to kiss her, but she pulls away causing the boy to pout.

“Anyway, so how was your winter break with your mom and the dick of stepfather?” Hope asks. The Salvatore boy shakes his head as he takes a lock of her hair between his fingers and starts to twirl it.

“Let's rather not talk about that. Tell me, how did it go? I thought you were only bringing one recruit but I hear you brought two.” Hope sighs, pulling away from him. “Well you see the thing is, the other guy isn't a recruit. We needed him to come with us since he witnessed his friend turning into a wolf.”

“So, you needed to compel him to forget?”

“Yes, but we also needed information out of him about his friend. And it's a good thing I know the guy,” Hope tells Liam and the boy raises his brow. Hope lies back on the bed and he joins her.

“You do?“
“Yeah. He used to live here but he moved. You can kind of say I had a crush on him.” Liam wasn't surprised that she was being honest with him since she hasn't lied to him.

“What's this guy's name? Maybe I know him.”

“I doubt it but his name is Landon Kirby.”

“What's the other guy's name?” Liam asks her. “Rafael. Why are you so curious about them?”

“I need to make sure that they're actual trustworthy. And after I learned that your former crush is back I need to keep an eye on them,” Liam says with a light chuckle. He was only joking since he knew how Hope felt about him. He's pretty sure Hope is head over heels for him, even if she doesn't want to completely admit it, yet.

“You do that then,” Hope mumbles while Liam stares at her, raising himself. A smirk forms on his lips before he leans over pecking her lips multiple times which caused her to laugh. “I really did miss you,” he mumbles looking into her blue eyes. Hope runs her hand through his now head full of hair.

“I missed you too. But you need to get a haircut.”

“What? Why?” Liam asks offended.

“Because you're starting to get locks and you don't look cute with locks?” 

“But I had locks when I was seven,” Liam tells her. “Well, that's the reason why I didn't like you.” The boy squints his eyes before his hands finds her sides and the girl lets out a squeal before laughter breaks through as she tries to push his hands away. “Liam!”
He lets go of her before kissing her nose.

Liam looks into her eyes, and the words wanted to escape his lips, but he honestly didn't know how that would affect their relationship. He knew he is falling in love with her but somehow he's afraid to tell her.
Liam kisses her nose one more time before standing up. “Come on, let's go before someone comes looking for you.” The girl groans but she reluctantly stands up.

“Come on then.” The two leave the room in search of anyone they would come across.