TWENTY SIX

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎 to fall asleep. She's been trying to fall asleep for a while now but sleep just won't take over. It was maybe because she hasn't heard from Liam yet. She texted him two hours ago to say goodnight, and he still has not replied. It's now 10 o'clock, and he's still not back yet. Hope hasn't heard any cars enter through the gate, so he's not back yet. Hope sighs pushing the duvet off her body.

“Dammit, Liam!”

She sits up, picking her phone up. Why is she so worried just because he didn't send her one text? He is out with his friends, so surely he's okay. Maybe she should have gone with him, cause it seems like she does actually miss him. His cocky, cute smile. “Hope, you're falling for him and you two aren't even officially dating,” she mumbles.
Hope scrolls through her contacts, and her finger pauses over his number.

“I'll just check up on him and if he doesn't answer, then I will wait until tomorrow and just go to sleep,” Hope tells herself. She presses on the green phone, placing her phone against her ear. If he doesn't answer by the third ring, then she will hang up. Hope curses when the call goes through.
“Hello, Liam's phone?”

What the hell?

“Uh, sorry, who is this?” Hope asks confused. It was a girl but it wasn't Penelope nor Amara's voices at all. “I'm Aisha. Are you looking for Liam?”

“Uh, yeah. Is he busy right now?”

The girl on the other end chuckles before she says, “What the hell! Justin make sure his head is up, or he'll pass out!” Hope didn't know what was happening since she knew the party wouldn't be going on for much longer. She can just talk to Liam in the morning. “Sorry, Liam can't come to the phone right now. He's a bit busy, can I take a message for him?”

“No. Please don't tell him I call, thanks, bye.” Hope sighs lying back down on the bed. Why was she so worried? Liam is just fine, he's out with his friends, having some fun after a week of hard studying. She just has to relax and just go to sleep. Hope placed her phone on the nightstand, pulling the duvet up to her neck before turning and trying to sleep.
Just as the girl tries to push the thought of Liam to the back of her head, it resurfaces again, and she can't sleep. She's been through so much in her life but why did it seem like she's about to die if Liam doesn't at least send her a damn text. She's turning into a very insecure girl, who doesn't know when to give a guy some space.

“Hope, just go to sleep.” And luckily she did around the time she heard a car pulling up to the school.

* * *

The next day was a bit hectic mostly because it was the full moon later tonight and the werewolf were more aggressive and irritated than ever. Hope didn't see or speak to Liam throughout the day. He was busy with Greg and Daniel. She knows he's been trying with Penelope and Amara to get the two boys out of the werewolf holding cells but Dr Saltzman has denied their request. Hope would love to help them, but she doesn't want to get into trouble.

“This is why I prefer this to be a witch school. These werewolves are so moody.” Hope walks past the two witches. She was all three, so she didn't know what they meant by that. This is a school for supernaturals not for witches.
Thanksgiving is in just four weeks, she'll finally be able to spend her time with her family in New Orleans. Her aunt Rebekah and Marcel made sure to remind her that they will be in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. She is excited to see her cousin Nik, after so long.

“This isn't going to work, Liam. Dr Saltzman will find out, and then he won't only kill you but all of us.” Hope stops in her tracks before hiding behind the wall. It was Greg's voice and it seems they wanted their conversation to be private. The girl scoffs to herself. They should've probably done it some place where the kids do not have hearing abilities.