| thirteen |

AKAASHI was confused, how did Y/n and Bokuto all of a sudden get together? None of it added up, didn't the two just meet a week ago? His pencil drops onto his home desk, his papers scattered out with words and sentences he can't even remember. And where is Bokuto right now? He should be home by now, and Kuroo is crashing over once again uninvited. Actually, he's never invited into their home. He just comes and goes whenever he pleases along with Kenma. He's pretty sure Kenma had stole a spare key.

"Ayo Akaashi," he turns his head over to his front door, revealing a cheery Kuroo with a caprisun pouch in his hand. "did you know Y/n and Bokuto are dating now? They're really cute together, don't you think?"

"Are you fucking drunk over juice?" he scoffs at the taller male, pulling his glasses off.

"It's actually possibly with apple juice because as long as it has sugar in it," Kuroo proudly smirks for some unknown reason. "It needs access to some oxygen before being closed off, then it is absolutely possible. How drunk you get is-"

"Kuroo, I could really care less right now. Sorry, but do you know when Bokuto is going to be home? I'm really worried he might've gotten distracted, or even worse ended up seeing something that reminds him of his ex." Akaashi sighed, shaking his head in frustration. "I even tried calling Y/n, but she didn't pick up."

"Akaashi, you aren't Bokuto's babysitter. He can take care of himself, you know that."

"But he's vulnerable at the moment, and he doesn't even know how to pay our bills still." Akaashi muttered, shooting a glare at Kuroo.

"Well at least he can cook!" Kuroo argues, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. He was clearly lying, but what else could he say about his best friend? It wasn't that Bokuto was a horrible cook, just not exactly at decent but close! He's on his way still, thanks to Kenma he knows how to make some good apple pie.

"Kuroo, stop lying. We both know Bokuto can only cook rice."

"And this is exactly why me and Kenma should move in! Anyways did you know Y/n and Bokuto are dating?"

Akaashi rolled his eyes at him. "Are you trying to get on my nerves?"

"No,"

"Okay maybe," Kuroo chuckles. "But seriously, I thought you'd act more surprise since she's your childhood friend and all. I take science with her and she talks about you a lot."

"I thought you said you didn't know Y/n?" Akaashi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I obviously lied to not get a scolding from you, sorry." Kuroo jokingly apologized, though it was true. After hearing Y/n yap about him after hearing that the two were friends, he knew Akaashi would get onto his skin. Still, he wondered why he's so overprotective of her. His expression fades, a serious look now painting over his past one. "You are fine with the two dating, right?"

Akaashi stays silent. It's not that he's hesitating or anything, no, it's far beyond that. He's just afraid the words that slip out of his mouth might ruin anything or everything. "Mhm, I'm happy for them. I didn't expect Bokuto move on quite fast."

"Neither did," Kuroo laughs, despite already knowing the whole truth. "I'm gonna bring Kenma over, he got Bokuto a new game last night to cheer him up. My boyfriend can be nice when he wants to."

"Didn't Kenma reject you?" Akaashi asks, though he only held little interest in the topic. Kuroo's business with Kenma has nothing to do with him.

"It wasn't a real confession, I'm still trying to figure out if I should use a pick up line or not. Should it be about video games? You think that will win him over?"