| eleven |

KAEDE would be lying if she said she wasn't in shock. She wasn't mad, at least she tried not to be. It wasn't Y/n's fault at all! It was just her jealousy getting the best of her. If she had told her and stopped being a coward then this wouldn't have happen. And maybe she still would be with Bokuto by chance. But now he likes her best friend. Kaede wasn't sure if she was buying it though, it might have seen like it but she hasn't moved on at all.

Smiling through the pain and fear, she does it often. And Y/n always saw through her. She honestly thought it would take months for Bokuto to recover, and that maybe then she would confess instead again. Such a stupid idea now.

During Kaede's free time in the library, she snuck her phone out and immediately went to text a certain someone.

akaashi
Monday 11:23 AM

Kaede
Y/n and Bokuto-San are dating, did you know?

Kaede
I just wanted to see if you did because you're best friends with Bokuto and all..

akaashi
what do you mean they're dating?
Kaede you already hurt Bokuto a lot, are you trying to hurt him more with a rumor or something?

Kaede
you seriously believe I would do that?

akaashi
you broke up with him through text and didn't even explain. that's bullshit

Kaede
what's bullshit is the way you played with Y/n

akaashi
It was a long time ago, all was forgiven we're cool now. You're the one who reached out to me

Kaede
because y/n is with Bokuto-San now
they went on a date with each other, is that true?

akaashi
ask Y/n, not me.

akaashi
you said you want nothing to do with me anyways.

Kaede
you're a true asshole akaashi

akaashi
why are you still holding a grudge? Even Y/n probably forgot about it

Kaede
yeah but the thing is she hasn't.
she'll act so oblivious to it because she doesn't want to get hurt anymore.

akaashi
how would you know? All she's been doing for the past months is push people away

Kaede
she doesn't do that for no fucking reason, she needs space don't you get that?

akaashi
how much space? we cant just sit here and do nothing. We did last time and look how that turned out

Kaede
it turned out like that because your pea size brain didn't know how to turn down someone's feelings politely
seen

-

Kaede quietly groans to herself as the side of her head lies on the table with her eyes closed. She wasn't even in there to study, but she would possibly be late if she took a nap. Being frustrated was tiring. Why couldn't she just go home?

"Kazuna-San!"

"Huh?" Opening her eyes, she sees a blurry figure walking towards her. She rubbed her eyes as the person's voice got closer and closer. They sounded familiar but she wasn't so sure on who it was. Finally with her eye sight back, she realizes it was one of the infamous twins on campus. Osamu Miya.

"Osamu-San, were you looking for me?" she questioned, trying her best to sound as nice. "Is there something you need?"

"Well I was looking for Y/n, and since you guys are close I thought you might know where she is." He pulled the seat across from her and sat down with his phone in one hand an a onigiri in the other.

'Close? To be honest ever since a few months I feel like she's distancing herself from me..'

"I don't know actually," she responded with a fake smile. "Maybe ask Bokuto-San, I heard they're dating now."

Osamu's eyes widened as if he's seen a ghost. "Dating? But last time I check Y/n was single yesterday. You're kidding, right?"

She sighed, she wish she was kidding. It was still a huge shock to her. She never imagined her best friend and ex falling for each other, and there can't be a way for Y/n moving on already. Just last week she was ranting on and on about her pathetic feelings for Akaashi. "Ask Bokuto or Y/n yourself even, they told me this morning. I didn't think it would happen."

"Me either," he shrugged. "Maybe if you had told Y/n it wouldn't be like this, I personally think Bokuto is up to something though. Y/n and Bokuto? They just don't seem like a good match if you ask me."

"That's because you want Y/n for yourself," Kaede points out with a blank face. "Have your small confessions been working for you?"

"She accepted the bento box last week," he grinned. "But other than that I don't think she's realized that I'm her secret admirer. But you know what Kazuna-San?"

"What?"

"You shouldn't get jealous because Y/n is getting guys," Osamu kept a straight face the whole time, he wasn't joking at all. "Because you had one of the best guys I know and still dropped him with a simple text message. You really did break Bokuto, but of course you have your own reasons. But he wouldn't understood, did you really not think he would?"

Kaede didn't know how to respond. Would Bokuto understand? But then she would have to tell him everything since he likes digging his nose in places he's not supposed to. Instead she gives Osamu a simple shrug, signaling that she wanted to ignore the topic.

"Okay then," he sighs, taking the last bite of his snack. "I'll catch ya around, if see Y/n before me tell her not to be late to our meet up."

"Yeah, sure." she says with a small wave. She never would admit it to Y/n, but she sometimes felt like Y/n's messenger with all these love confessions. But it's not like people haven't done that to her best friend either.

She knew Akaashi was the only one that held her best friend's heart, and she could do nothing to change that. But, maybe someone else would.

A/n
I find it so funny how I have this whole book planned out till the end but I just can't write what I'm imagining.