| six . five |

AKAASHI'S eyes widened in surprise when he sees Bokuto holding onto the girl he's known for years, and despite that, she had never once cried in front of him like the way she did now. She cried in the crock of his shoulder as Bokuto hugged her tightly, his soothing voice trying to calm her down.

And for the first time, Akaashi felt envious.

"Akaashi-San!" little Hinata silently exclaimed, his finger poking his shoulder from the side. "Are you alright? You're spacing out, and we don't want to get caught!"

"This is such a sappy date," Semi whispered, lowering down his sunglasses. "I skipped band practice for this!"

"Shut up Semi," Shirabu rolled his eyes, similar to the way he did back then in their high school years. "It's quite obvious that L/n is feeling down, Bokuto's doing the right thing. Akaashi, you got a clue with what she's so upset about though?"

Akaashi quickly returns back into reality, responding to his friends with a small shrug. He had no clue, no clue at all. And he hated it, he's her best friend. Why would she all of a sudden hold onto some stranger she had just met? Why is she trusting someone else? Someone that isn't him? Akaashi could feel the heat rising up the longer he had stared.

"I have no idea, she's never came to me with any of her problems lately."

"Maybe Bokuto said something stupid causing her to break down," muttered Kenma as he swiped left and right on his phone.

Hinata's usual smile curved into a small frown, his eyes averted to Akaashi who seemed to be lost in thought. 'Akaashi-San seems worried, is he alright..?'

"S-should we go check up on them and intervene?" Hinata squeaked quietly while holding up his newspaper to cover his face more. They all wore disguises themselves, except for Shirabu of course. He had found the idea completely dumb of dressing up, and a waste of money.

"No, that'll just make things worse." Akaashi sighed. "Y/n will get pissed at us for spying.." He grunted while Hinata mumbled a song underneath his breathe as he waited for their next move. Kenma continued playing on his phone, clicking in his earbuds so he could turn up the volume without getting caught in the act. And Shirabu and Semi were fighting over the last croissant that laid perfectly still on the plate in front of them.

Akaashi's mind started wandering through hidden emotions that he had neglected in his heart, they were starting to crack its way open into the outside. And Akaashi was afraid that he couldn't stop it no matter what.

A/n
fluff ! fluff ! fluff !
before
angst ! angst ! angst !
but yes, these are just some clues on what may be happening as the story goes on father, I know it may seem pretty early but I have my reasons:)
and stay safe guys and don't forget to take cause of yourselves<3