| sixteen |

"Y/N you suck at this game!" Bokuto laughs at her after purposely bumping into her. Y/n's character, Yoshi, just drowned thanks to Bokuto. Why the hell did they even chose a map with a waterfall anyways? They should have ignored Bokuto's pleads and went along with Hinata's suggestion, rainbow road.

"Bokuto-San, you're being such an ass! This is clearly cheating!" Y/n shouted at him, her eyes concentrating on the game in front of her. The whole rooms attention was on them, even Hinata's despite him being apart of the last game. Kenma on the other hand, his mind was still glued onto the screen.

Suna had quickly whipped out his phone, ready to film all of the heated action that's to come between the 'couple'. Faith sighs as he does, her small figure leaning against his chest. "The children are fighting," he snickers, bringing the phone up to the scene. "surprisingly it isn't the twins this time."

Bokuto would send a glare to Suna, but he can't let his teasing get in the way of his battle. "You threw a turtle shell at me twice!" the ex ace argued back, trying to take the lead away from Kenma. He swiftly swerves away though, causing Bokuto to pout afterwards with a frustrated expression. His lips curving down into a frown, he grips onto the remote tightly.

Hinata is usually a competitive person, he doesn't like losing without a fight. Right now though? He wanted no more than to eat the plate of cake calling out his name from the kitchen table.

"You're a fool to think you can beat me Bokuto-San," Kenma bluntly says, the game plan in his mind settling down perfectly. "You know Y/n, this is the last round. Whoever beats the other wins the bet."

"What bet are they talking about?" Akaashi whispers to Kuroo, his arms crossed as he learned against the kitchen counter. Dinner was already set, right now they were waiting for their game to finish.

"It's nothing that important." Kuroo whispers back to him, a small, teasing smirk lying on his lips. Just couples being couples, you know?"

Akaashi rolls his eyes at Kuroo's response, his eyes gazing over at Y/n who's completely raging at his best friend. Now that Akaashi sees the two together in a intense game of Mario Kart, he can most definitely agree that they wouldn't work out as teammates. A good pair? Kuroo's got to be kidding, they look like they're about to rip each other's heads off. Even worse, Y/n might accidentally push the jokes too far, unintentionally hurting Bokuto.

'Keiji, there's no need to overthink. Bokuto's not weak. Y/n isn't a jerk. She's raging though.. They are all of a sudden together for a reason.. this still doesn't add up.'

Suddenly, the whole place is shaken up when Y/n and Bokuto screech in sync as their characters are driving side by side. They both push into one another, praying for the other to fall and lose its place in the race.

"Bokuto Koutarou, don't you fucking dare push me off that god damn cliff. I will not hesitate to-..." her voice trails off as the splash sound effect goes off in the distance. The finish line is clear for Kenma, but Bokuto doesn't snag second or third place at all. Instead, he's fighting with a bot to take sixth place in the race.

"I hope you get hit by a car Bokuto." Y/n bitterly mutters, quite upset at her lost. "May death find its way to you with no trouble."

Bokuto fakes a frown upon his lips, leaning his head onto Y/n's shoulder with his arm wrapped around her neck. "C'mon, I'm your boyfriend! You shouldn't be wishing I was dead!"

The label 'boyfriend' stuns her for a second, forgetting the mess that Bokuto has dragged in her a few days ago. Not to mention, she had just lost their bet. Fuck Mario Kart.

"Fine Koutarou," she sighs, using his first name. A bet is a bet. "Ah, your name has a nice ring to it actually. I like it, Kou sounds pretty cool too." Bokuto's eyes light up at the sweet sound of it, he likes the way her lips move when his name slips out of her mouth. He'd beamed at her compliment, but instead he notices her fidgeting nervously with her hands and suddenly it's like a astroid of negativity hits him.