| five |

HIS hand slipped away from her grasp quickly as they take their seats in the semi empty theater. He couldn't do this anymore. The sting from before that was once lingering was back. With sweat dropping down his forehead in a painfully, slow pace, he shifts in his seat to create some distance between him and the girl. He was worried that someone- or maybe even Kaede by chance, would catch him with some strange girl at the movies. And if it were to be Kaede, how would he explain it to her? And would she even believe him once the meaningless words escaped his lips?

"Bokuto-Kun," the girl speaks up, grabbing the wing spiker's ace with him shooting his head up to her direction. "You're slightly shaking, are you okay?" Her expression held a small frown with her eyes losing it's glow. But it was just the lighting Bokuto thought, just the lighting.

"What? Okay? Of course I'm okay!" he lied, laughing nervously while the movie in front of them started to roll the commercials. "Don't need to worry about me L/n-San! I'm alr-"

But in matters of a second, Y/n grabs both of Bokuto's soft, shivering hands and held them close to her's. She flashes him a gentle smile before speaking up once again. "I heard that the movie would just be a little bit scary. But don't worry, I'm here for you."

His eyes widened . 'I'm here for you' ? Those words replayed in his mind for a moment. He searched back into the last three months, trying to find a time where she had said those four words to him and not the other way around. But he couldn't, but why? Surely something must be wrong with his memory, right? Kaede is the one. His sunshine, his universe, his life. So why are the words coming from a complete stranger making his heart skip beat just a tiny bit?

'But wait, this is her job. Isn't it?'

Suddenly reality hit him like a spike to the face. This wasn't a real date. And this girl wasn't actually into him. Those four words.. they mean exactly nothing. Because this was all an act. She wanted a good review? Or maybe it was because he was Akaashi's best friend. Whatever the reason was, Bokuto now had no intention falling into any of her traps throughout the date.

|||||

Oh how he was so wrong.

Bokuto was now clinging onto the girl's arm with one hand and the other covering his eyes from the gore being represented in front of him. It wasn't long till Bokuto clinged onto her, after all he was the one who chose a horror movie. Ah, Bokuto is now at -2 points! He somehow accidentally rented a girlfriend for a day and chose a movie he disliked! Man needs to get his life together.

"S-sorry l/n," Bokuto quietly whispers to y/n. His grasp tighten on her arm as chills went down his body with screams filling in the silence. "I didn't think this would happen. And the title of the movie is Beside you, I thought this was a romance.."

"It's alright Bokuto!" she giggled. "Next time I'll chose the movie for us then."

He pulled away his hand from his face with a confused, flustered look. "What do you mean by next time l/n?"

"Bokuto, close your eyes the kid is about to be slaughtered," she whispered to him in a low voice, her eyes staying glued onto the huge screen as she ignored his question. But just that one comment was enough to shut Bokuto up and bring him back to his previous state, afraid.

Bokuto wasn't really sure why he was afraid of such things that had to do with gore, or specifically, death. Perhaps it was because he has the fear of losing the ones closest to him. His heart was more fragile than before, it could shatter at any moment leaving him in a position much worse than his childish emo mode.

Bokuto sneaks a small peak to observe the girl beside him. She wore something simple, nothing too fancy. Her hair was pushed to the side giving Bokuto a better view of the angel in his presence. Her smile from earlier had slowly faded away and her finger tips quietly drummed on her thigh as the movie played. Bokuto had never met someone quite like her. Her aura was something, unique. Bokuto could see why Akaashi was so overprotective with this girl. He too, is mesmerize.

Maybe he's just in the moment though, weren't these the same words he thought of Kaede? He knows neither of them are perfect, still, there's something that pulls him in.

"Hey L/n-Chan," Bokuto whispered out to her. Y/n's head perked up, confusion taking over her.

"Yes Bokuto?"

He coughed, clearing up his throat with a faint blush being painted on his cheeks. "Do you want to skip the rest of the movie and just go out to eat?"

Y/n's eyes never leave his golden one's when they met. She nods happily, standing up and extending her hand out to Bokuto. "Sure Bokuto-Kun, let's go to that cafe you suggested!"

His glance looks down to her hand, she was waiting for him to accept it. But instead of intertwining their fingers together like the way he used too with Kaede, he gets up rejecting her.

"C'mon, I'll walk us there." he says, looking over his shoulder with a fake smile showing through.

His heart still belonged to her, he knew it, y/n knew it, everyone knew it. He couldn't let it go. No matter how good y/n's acting was, he wasn't completely swoon by the girl. And it was all an act anyways, so there was no point of getting attached thinking this was a real date. She was just a distraction. And will always be one for Koutarou Bokuto.

A/n
Q | thoughts on Kaede so far ?