| nine |

A few days later, Bokuto was now standing in front of his ex girlfriend of three months in the hallway. How did this happened? He just wanted to get to class without any struggles. Were his eyes still puffy and red, could she tell he was crying? Wait- would she even care at all?

"Hey Bokuto-San," the girl smiled at him, though it was quite fake. "I just wanted to return your hoodie." She hands him the cleaned sweatshirt, it no longer smelled like him since she washed it.

"Oh, thanks."

He hesitantly takes his hoodie from her without making eye contact, was this all? Why didn't she just ask Akaashi to return it for her? Maybe his friends were right, he should completely give up.

"Kae-Chan, you forgot about me!"

Or not.

A girl with a familiar face runs up from behind Kaede and pouts at her best friend. "Hey!" she exclaims. "I told you to wait for me!"

Bokuto looks at the girl closely despite her not looking directly at him. It seems that she hasn't noticed him yet. Her height and hair were very similar like Y/n's, Akaashi's friend. She even had the same voice as her, not to mention- 'wait a minute!'

"S-sorry," her friend mumbles. "Anyways let's-"

"Y/n-San!?" Bokuto's books dropped to the ground making a loud crash. He stepped backwards, shocked that she was apparently friends with the girl that broke his heart. Wait!? Did she not know about him at all? If she did.. wouldn't she have brought it up at the date?

His heart was now pounding, out of everyone it just had to be Y/n!

"Bokuto-Kun? Wait- you're Kae's ex?"

Nodding hastily, Bokuto looks over at her, then Kaede, then her, then Kaede again. Then finally, his golden eyes stop on you. "You didn't tell me you were friends with Kaede!"

"You didn't tell me she was you ex girlfriend! How am I supposed to know? And you!" Y/n turns to Kaede, pointing a finger right in her face. "Why didn't you ever introduce your ex to me, I would've have gone on a date with him then!"

"You went on a date with Bokuto-San?" Kaede gasped, she didn't want to show that she was hurt in front of Bokuto. But then again why should she be hurt? She was the one that ended things.. Bokuto was probably in worst pain than her. She shook her head as she sighed, blocking out Y/n's voice she speaks up. "Y/n, I'm not mad it's my fault and-"

"A-actually me and Y/n-Chan are dating now!" Bokuto interrupts, grinning from ear to ear as he pulls Y/n closer to his side. She gives Bokuto a look that screams, 'what the fuck are you saying.' She tried to escape his grasp, but Bokuto was just too strong.

"You're dating Bokuto-San? But I thought you were in love with pretty onigiri?" Pretty onigiri, aka Keiji Akaashi. The girls had made code names for people in their lives so others wouldn't know they were gossiping about them. Y/n has to admit, Kaede came up with a pretty smart idea. "And since when? Bokuto and I broke up just last week.."

Before Y/n could answer, Bokuto went right in. "Since Saturday, we got really close after that one date and now we're dating! Isn't that right Y/n-Chan?"

"What-"

"Alright!" Bokuto beams, waving Kaede goodbye. "We have to go now bye!" He instantly pulls Y/n away, not wanting to look back and see Kaede's confused yet painful expression. Y/n kept her mouth shut as they entered an empty classroom, Bokuto must've been up with something. Right?

"Hey! Bokuto that was uncalled for! Why did you say that?" Y/n leaned against the door as Bokuto paced back and fourth in front of. Ruffling his own hair, he stops and looks at with pleading eyes.

"Y/n-San, please be my pretend girlfriend!"

A/n
this is all I have I'm sorry, I'm trying to update this more:( anyways how come a lot of you were shocked when Kaede and Y/n are friends? I literally wrote in the intro they are-