maybe the night.

↣ kim sunoo x reader; pure fluff, established relationship au

kim sunoo x reader; pure fluff, established relationship au.

the factors needed to end up with a first kiss are: a spontaneous sleepover, a nonsensical argument over whose blanket is whose, and two idiots brimming with all the love and admiration in the world.

warnings: none

notes: 1/2 of the extended bulletpoint scenarios in the "enha going 'ooh, you wanna kiss me so bad'" request :') someone pls scream at me to learn how to actually leave things well enough alone,,, (also !! y'know how bats wrap their wings around themselves? that's kinda how sunoo is wrapping himself in blankets here :>) oKay that is all !! hope y'all enjoy! <3

wordcount: 0.7k

Pros of dating Kim Sunoo: you now have someone to eat snacks with in the quiet embrace of midnight, sharing muffled jokes and hushed laughter till the husky auburn of sunlight spills along the sidewalks like melted popsicles, someone to hold when ...

Pros of dating Kim Sunoo: you now have someone to eat snacks with in the quiet embrace of midnight, sharing muffled jokes and hushed laughter till the husky auburn of sunlight spills along the sidewalks like melted popsicles, someone to hold when the weight of the world gets too much—he is an anchor, your Sunoo, when the waves try to engulf you whole; your burning light to thaw the most frigid of forbidden winters, we are kindred spirits, you and I.

Cons: he hogs your blankets (and hoodies, and your food, your pillows... the list goes on, actually).

Which is why you're bickering with said starry-boy beneath the domain of your wobbly blanket fort, sheltered from the ravenous beasts that are your responsibilities and the crippling pressure of societal standards, he draws out another "noooooo!" as you tug on the end of the fleece. "Sunoo, please—this is your room, your bed's right beside this fort, why don't you go get your own blankets?"

"Because that means I'd have to get up," he whines, wrapping himself in the duvet so you'd have a hard time separating him from it, "and it's so cold!"

"I'm cold, too!" You counter, and Sunoo scoffs, his head popping up to glare at you, his hair sprawling in every direction.

"If you wanna get me out of this blanket roll, you're going to have to fight me, Y/N."

Sunoo learns his mistake the moment he stops talking, but he doesn't regret it until he feels you tackle him (in surprisingly the most gentle way possible) in a semi-hug. He lands on his back with a quiet oof! as you try to peel the duvet off of him, and he squirms from side-to-side in an attempt to shake you off. "I'm not budging, Y/N—just give up!"

"No," you grit, "I'm taking my blankets back if it's the last thing I do—"

"And let me freeze to death? What kind of a person are you?"

"Would you rather taste vengeance, instead?"

Sunoo sticks out his tongue when you frown at him, "Ooh, you wanna kiss me so— bad..."

Once again, silence exhales into the night, graces the world with a dreamlike glow as the struggle occuring within the quaint blanket fort ceases, Sunoo's snarky remarks faltering when his nose brushes against yours. You hover above him with hands on either side of his head, tongue-tied and wide-eyed in shock; heat flares in your cheeks, and you will yourself to move, but Sunoo's words repeat themselves like a broken record, you wanna kiss me so bad.

Sunoo's gaze flickers from your eyes to your lips, growing rosier by the second, and the warm haven he's cocooned himself in suddenly feels like a prison. In the two months you've written your name across each others' hearts, a single kiss was yet to be shared. Maybe because the mere aspect of it was enough to make you both shriek in embarrassment, but there's always been this pull when you lock eyes; this urge to throw all caution to the wind and ask those four words, to ask if it would be alright to share a special memory—a first kiss—that would last in you for eternity.

All you had to do was ask.

"A-Are you okay?" Your pulse pounds harshly, but Sunoo blinks up at you.

"...Have I told you you have really pretty eyes?"

His statement stuns you so much that you burst into giggles, the tension faltering as you place your forehead on his, grinning. "Like, everything about you is pretty... it's unfair..."

You pull away to look at him briefly, your hand cups his cheek, and you smile softly. "Yes, I am pretty. But you're beautiful."

A butterfly. It feels like a butterfly's kiss. Sunoo smiles against your lips and you feel like laughing out loud—

...Until the fort collapses entirely on your back, and you both squeak in surprise. You groan against Sunoo's shoulder, with him laughing and finally opening the blanket up to hug your torso, and he doesn't let go.

"I spent so much time trying to build the fort," you whine, flopping beside Sunoo. He turns to his side, facing you, and breaks out into a grin, pushing the sheets away from your face. You glare at him playfully. "This is why we should never kiss—you're too powerful for your own good."

Sunoo shrugs with an all-knowing smile, holding your hand quietly. "That's fine by me. It'll make world domination easier. Just as long as you're with me, I'll be fine."