[2:38 pm]

"I'm not doing that."

Your friend exhales sharply when you swerve once more on your heel, away from the young man tending to the shelves in a nearby corner, balancing a few books on the crook of his elbow. He grabs your arms again to turn you around, and you give your everything just to remain rooted on the ground. "Y/N, he's not even that intimidating. Besides, what other choice do you have?"

"We could take a gander again — maybe this time we'll actually be able to find Riki's classroom."

"That's what you said the third time we walked in circles. We do that again and we'll burn a hole straight down to hell. Just—" you knew positivity in this situation would be a shot in the dark anyway (a failed one, at that) so all you can do now is blurt out rushed excuses as your friend shoos you away again, and you're left to deal with the wolves alone once more.

You never realized how extensive and... colorful your vocabulary is until you hurl quiet swears at your friend, slow steps towards the blond student and a raging heartbeat. It doesn't help that his eyes are settled in an almost-glare. He's stooping down, organizing textbooks by the bottom row and all that surrounds your head is an unwavering chant of what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the

"E-Excuse me?" Goddammit.

It all happens in a flicker. The student stands up within a blink. Pain shoots up in your nose and you clasp a hand over it, groaning in surprise. Stars dance in your vision, but you blink furiously to stare at the young man, who's gone wide-eyed in shock. You make a mental note to discombobulate your friend later, because he's tearing himself up in laughter over witnessing the accidental collision.

You also think that the earth swallowing you whole would be preferable.

"...I am so, so sorry!" The blond squeaks, holding your hands and rushing to inspect your face. "I-I didn't mean to stand up that quickly! Ah— are you alright? Does it hurt?"

You know you should be answering him (because he looks like he's one breath away from a stroke), but it was an interesting sight: how that terrifying exterior managed to belie the softness of his voice and the light in his eyes. He's genuinely worried, asking if you needed to go to the clinic. It's almost... cute.

"N-No, I'm okay, thanks," you stammer, holding his frantic hands. They're warm in your palms. The fact makes your cheeks warmer. You lower your eyes to your friend, the ceiling, the name tag on his shirt. Kim Sunoo.

"Are you sure?" He asks, and you fail to realize that he's blushing, too.

"Y-Yeah." You smile softly, and looking at his eyes, you think this school isn't the only place you'll get lost in.